Bye old luxury….and hello new luxury!
Genesis has been a fresh, new face in the luxury world recently. Known for filling its beautiful sedans with sumptuous features and modern elegance, the Korean car maker finally added an SUV to the lineup: the first ever Genesis GV80, the brand’s new flagship model, was revealed in front of throngs of media and auto industry insiders in Miami.
The midsize AWD SUV is Bentley Bentayga-like in its looks, with gorgeous lines and generous proportions, but with more modern details like the wide diamond-cut front grille and streamlined headlights and tail lights. Adding sport-utility capability – the V in its name stands for versatility– with luxury features was a must for the company. And so is bringing all this to customers for a very comfortable price: it’s expected that the GV80 will be priced in the mid $60K range.
We all know that it is the era of the SUV, and if Genesis has its way, it’s also the era of fresh, young luxury. Some of the luxury features in the Genesis GV80 include:
- responsive electronic control suspension
- road noise cancellation when you need it
- and active motion driver’s seat
- and a new cool and sassy spokescouple
Sassy Chrissy Teigen and husband John Legend are the new celebrity spokes couple for the Luxury brand
It was pretty great how these two capture the Genesis feel, out with old luxury and in with “young luxury,” a motto that frames the brand’s mission. During the North American reveal event Genesis shared the Super Bowl Commercial of the Tiegen and Legend at a going away party for old luxury – and pretty much annoying the guest with their hilarious antics.
“GV80 is our proof of concept that we infuse the spirit of youth and wonder into everything we do,” said Mark Del Rosso, CEO, Genesis Motor North America.
The GV80’s DNA has true luxury roots: interior and exterior designs were a collaboration between Genesis Design studios in South Korea, the United States and Germany, a team that includes former designers and engineers from Bentley, Lamborghini, Mercedes-Benz and Audi. Now, if you can’t wait to get your hands on the GV80, it will be available for purchase this summer, joining the lineup of G70, G80 and G90 sedans.
Young Luxury Means Top Technology, And the GV80 Has It
Among the advanced driver assistance features that will make the GV80 an elegant pleasure are:
- Smart Cruise Control with machine learning – so it will learn your driving style
- Highway driving assist II- true help in traffic jams!
- Forward collision-avoidance assist
- Blind-Spot collision avoidance assist
- Rear Cross-traffic collision-avoidance assist
- Driver attention alert warning
- Smartphone-enabled technology
- Service valet
But Maybe the Best Luxury? Never having to worry
The Genesis GV80 warranty has some nice features including:
- 3 years/36,000 miles of complimentary scheduled maintenance
- 3 years/36,000 miles complimentary service valet- they pick up your car for service and return it, washed and refreshed
- 3 years of complimentary Genesis connected services, including enhanced roadside assistance, destination search powered by voice control and remote start with climate control settings
- 3 years of complimentary SiriusXM travel link
- 3 years of complimentary multimedia and navigation updates
- Lifetime traffic data (YAY)
- Enhanced roadside assistance and concierge services, including tire changes or transportation to the nearest Genesis retailer or authorized service facility
And after all that if a breakdown inconveniences you, you’ll be reimbursed.
The Genesis GV80 Mid Size Luxury SUV is beautifully designed and well crafted. This summer can not come soon enough.
The Genesis GV80 SUV Photo: Kristin ShawDisclosure: I was Genesis’s guest for the North American reveal; travel and accommodations were provided but all opinions are 100% my own