You’ll sit pretty in the Moon Dust-colored 2020 Toyota Highlander Platinum AWD SUV.
It is versatile, leather trimmed, and capable of carrying all of life’s precious cargo from children to groceries from here to there. It’s for the stylish, trendy moms like me who aren’t willing to convert to a van, but also cannot fit everything into a sedan anymore. Say hello to the hype mom SUV! The 2020 Toyota Highlander Platinum AWD SUV has a 3.5L V6 automatic engine that’s all-wheel drive, and it can reach those high lands with its multi-terrain select at the touch of a dial. Whether you’re pulling up to curbside or taking a trip with the family to social distance, you’ll find this space useful and encouraging.
Priced at about $51,000, the 2020 Toyota Highlander Platinum AWD is a 3-row SUV that scores a combined 23 mpg, which is decent fuel efficiency for its size. In the city, it averages about 20 mpg and 27 mpg on the highway.
There’s a Place for Everything in the Highlander, and I’m a Neat Freak All about It
There’s a little nook on the passenger side of the dashboard for masks, sanitizer (when in the SUV— don’t leave that here!), sunglasses, and whatever additional handhelds or accessories you may need when on the road.
If that wasn’t enough, you can keep your phone and the temptation of looking at it at bay while it charges wirelessly within and inside of the armrest storage. If you prefer Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, you can plug in and connect. I think the combination between the driver wirelessly charging their phone and the passenger navigating and playing music via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto is a smart move, Toyota. (Good looking out for the everyday scenarios that happen when driving around town or on a long road trip!)
What We Loved
- I love the power, heated, and ventilated seats. This makes me feel on top of the world. Not only can I see well, but I fit comfortably in the seat without shivering or burning up. For those of us who deal with extreme heat and colder weather, this is a must!
- Hands-free power liftgates need to be standard, because I can get used to this life.
- Toyota Safety Sense (lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control, pre-emergency braking, automatic high beam headlights and more) keeps the driver aware and on alert while maintaining a safe trip for everyone inside.
- The third row has a 60/40 split, so you can utilize the cargo space as you need.
- I feel spoiled with the panoramic moonroof. It’s exhilarating to look up to the blue skies or raindrops. It would be extra dreamy under a starlit night sky.
Amazing Features Check Off All of the Boxes
- 20” Alloy wheels with a temporary spare
- LED Headlights with adaptive front lighting system and auto-leveling; LED fog lights, too.
- Heated power mirrors with puddle lamp
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Heated 2nd row seats (A game changer!)
- 11 JBL Speakers and 12.3” Touchscreen with the Premium Audio package
- 4 USB charge-ports
- Digital rearview mirror
- This special color “moon dust” is an optional upgrade for $425
- Cargo cross bars for an additional $350
Family Adventures with Safety, Style, and Functionality
The 2020 Toyota Highlander Platinum AWD is perfect for families traveling on the road more than a couple of times a year. With an updated infotainment center, plenty of charging, fuel efficiency, and all of the safety features you didn’t know you needed, there’s ample space to carry the whole family.
It’s now more possible than ever to bring everything but the kitchen sink inside and on the roof, too. The third row in the Highlander delivers the perfect family trip SUV to carry you and everyone across different terrain and weather conditions. If you can have everything you need right where you need it, while delivering comfort for all passengers, updated tech features, and organizational savvy, that’s the mom life dream.
What we Listened to in the 2020 Toyota Highlander
A great playlist is another must have. This is what sounded great in the Highlander.