Welcome to the crossover for you.
New drivers, empty nesters, and grandparents alike can all find ways to enjoy their independence in the 2020 Hyundai Venue SEL. The Venue has a 1.6L DPI 4-cylinder engine with 121 horsepower with drive mode select which includes snow mode. Whether you’re new to driving or skilled for years, this speedy 5-passenger crossover (CUV) is full of pep and perks for all types of weather in mind. The warranty, safety features, and dependability starting at $19,250 is an empowering and affordable CUV at all life stages.
It’s Safe, Affordable, and Easy on your Wallet for Gas.
As tested, the Venue SEL trim priced out at $23,405. What’s included is becoming the new standard with safety features like lane keeping assist and a rearview camera. Having the forward collision avoidance assist with pedestrian detection is also a trend I think we can all support, especially with new drivers or those of us with glasses and a lack of height to begin with here. When you’re selecting your car for the first time, downsizing to something more affordable while your kid is in college, or showing your independence, the 32 combined mpg fuel efficiency and under $24,000 affordability can play a big factor in decision-making.
What We Loved
- 5-year/Unlimited-mile Roadside Assistance is helpful to know you’re covered.
- Advanced safety technology from driver attention warning to pressure monitoring system keeps you alert and aware of falling asleep or when your tires need more air.
- The premium package we tested had heated front seats and side view mirrors. Anything that makes my winters a bit more bearable is a win to me. The seats were a lovely white and black cloth fabric, which I didn’t mind. I typically prefer leather, but this was interesting with white stitch details.
- LED Headlights and taillights with daytime running lights clearly brighten your path.
- Add in the convenience package and enjoy a power sunroof, leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, and added safety features: blind-spot collision warning and rear cross-traffic collision warning.
The Venue is Economical, Standard, and Tech Savvy. Here’s What’s Inside:
- Hillstart assist control
- Roof Side Rails
- 8-inch Color Touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Steering Wheel Mounted Audio & Cruise controls
- 6-Way Adjustable Driver Seat including height adjustment
- 60/40 Split-folding rear seat
- Remote keyless entry
- Temporary spare tire
- Dual USB charging
The Best of Both Worlds? You betcha.
Affordable luxuries in an economical CUV gives you the best of both worlds. There’s reassurance knowing that your new driver, empty nester, or parents/grandparents have a reliable mode of transportation. This also means a lower monthly payment, especially with those on a budget without compromise. I enjoyed the minimalist A/C controls and easy-to-use touchscreen, which gives those drivers in mind independence and a taste of technology. The cargo space can fit all of those groceries, laundry to and from college, and the occasional grandkids visiting, too. The 2020 Hyundai Venue SEL is empowering all life stages with versatility at a great price.
Add some fancy colors – the Denim trim won my heart – and I can totally see the Hyundai Venue in driveways of new drivers, small families and empty nesters, being comfortable and getting life done.
Disclosure: The Venue was provided for this review; all opinions are my own.