Shop the shopping capital of the world. We’ll be your guide.
So here’s the thing about car shopping. We hate it. We hate the idea of being pressured to buy something that isn’t right, to face the razzle-dazzle of too much car info, of narrowing down the choices only to find out we’ve overlooked the perfect one.
The New York Auto Show has a solution for that: Attend the show and shop for your next car before you head to a dealership. (And, keep reading; we have free tickets!!!)
7 Reasons Why Going to the New York Auto Show Makes Sense:
1. The #1 reason everyone should go to an auto show before buying a new car are the product specialists. These are the beautifully dressed, highly trained, super nice people who work in each manufacturer’s booth. They are loaded with tons of great information about every car in their booth; they can answer your questions, tell you all the facts and figures and even let you into a car, let your kids climb around and demonstrate the coolest features. And, they can point you in the direction of a dealer in your neighborhood.
2. Shop across all the brands for a single type of car. Not sure which SUVs have three rows and all-wheel drive? You can easily find them all on the show floor. The New York Auto Show is uniquely arranged so that trucks and SUVs tend to be downstairs, while luxury cars and each brand’s top stars are on the upper level. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, ask a product specialist; they’ll know where it is!
3. Shop a single brand and get the scoop on each model and how they differ one from the other. What’s the real difference between the Toyota Highlander and the Toyota 4Runner? See them side by side. Can’t remember which of Hyundai’s models offer a plug-in option? You can see them all and learn the differences between them.
4. You can see each car as its designers intended it. Hop in, look around and get a feel for the interior; notice the wheels, the colors, the details. Then, when you take a test drive you can compare the test drive model at the dealership and decide which features are really important and which you can skip.
5. Take photos to remember what you saw and what you liked. From there, build a Pinterest page with your favorite features, a vision board so you can deeply consider the models and their features, and float photos to your friends on Facebook for further comment.
6. Get the crowd’s consensus before starting negotiations with a dealer. Find out how your kids like the back seat, make sure your husband is comfortable in the passenger’s seat, that you don’t bump your head on the liftgate, that your mother-in-law can get in and out easily. Getting your whole crew around to several different dealerships can be a nightmare; here they can see all the models you’re considering with a pretzel and Starbucks in hand.
7. There’s lots of other fun stuff to keep the crowd happy while you shop. From food (try out the mezzanine level food court or for Amex members, the American Express OPEN Lounge) to entertainment (the Toyota Live Stage hosts DJs, dance parties and more) to prizes (snag some Hyundai swag), everyone in your group will have fun even if they aren’t the one walking away with a new car in mind.
New York Auto Show: All the Biggest News From Auto-Land
This year’s New York Auto Show promises some of the biggest news from the world of cars and trucks. It’s been a stellar year for large family SUVs and luxury cars and that’s not about to stop. Here’s what you’ll be among the first in the world to see at the New York Auto Show:
- A newly redesigned Toyota 2020 Highlander — we can’t say YAY enough and we already love with the current model!
- A new Lincoln SUV called the Corsica. This brand is on a roll with beautiful new models and the Corsica promises to keep the trend going
- A new SUV from Hyundai called the Venue, which promises more fun and more for city and country
- The newly redesigned Hyundai Sonata, which takes Hyundai’s already superior tech game to a new level
- A newly redesigned Subaru Outback
- A surprise from Kia that we are told will make SUV enthusiasts very happy
- HUGE news from Genesis
- Not one, but two, Maserati two world premieres
See What’s Hot at Dealerships Right Now
And, don’t skip seeing some of the best new cars of the year, including the newly redesigned Ford Escape, the evolved Ford Explorer, the brand new BMW X7, the Hyundai Palisade, the Kia Telluride, the Chevrolet Blazer, the Ford Ranger and more.
Last, don’t let the size and scope of the New York Auto Show intimidate you. You can get an exclusive behind the scenes tour of the show with a car pro who can answer all your questions, show you the best the show has to offer and point out what you really need to see when you head out for test drives.
Want to Attend the New York Auto Show on Us? Just Enter Here!
Contest rules: Entries must be completed by midnight April 23, 2019. No purchase necessary; contest open only to US residents 18 and older and subject to the laws of New York. Winners will be notified by email by April 24th, 2019. Winners MUST pick up tickets in person at the New York International Auto Show, Jacob Javits Center, 655 W. 34th St., New York, NY between April 24th, 2019, and April 28, 2019. Winners may be asked to provide identification to receive their prize. Prize value $34 per prize, not exchangeable for cash or other items. Grand prize value is $134. A total of 10 pairs of tickets will be awarded and a total of 1 grand prize will be awarded.