Grab the popcorn and settle in for a movie night.
One of the best parts of living in the modern era is that we can transform family movie night into a luxurious at-home experience — and it’s so easy with streaming services like Amazon Prime Video.
Right now, Amazon is offering a free trial of Prime Video until August 6, 2021 — which makes this a great time to plan a streaming night with the kids, your partner, or a few of your girlfriends. To celebrate this awesome offer, we’ve put together a list of our 16 favorite car movies that are available on Amazon Prime Video. You know, if you need a little inspiration.
Best Car Movies
- Cars: There’s nothing better than this family favorite to kick off your first movie night. Ka-chow!
- Ford v. Ferrari: Follow the story of one of racing’s greatest battles.
- Mad Max: Fury Road: If you love long car chases and dystopian-looking vehicles, Fury Road is for you!
- Speed Racer: Whether you opt for the original animated show or the live-action movie, you can’t go wrong with this classic.
- The Fast and the Furious: Looking for an extra-long movie marathon? Stream all of the Fast and Furious films. It’s totally possible if you’re motivated!
- Baby Driver: No movie better integrates its soundtrack into the action. You’ll want to watch Baby Driver over and over!
- Smokey and the Bandit: This Burt Reynolds classic is a great way to reminisce about the good ol’ days.
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby: Looking for a laugh? Talladega Nights will have those in spades.
- Gone in 60 Seconds: This classic movie — and its remake — includes some of America’s coolest cars.
- The Italian Job: The fleet of Mini Coopers in this movie never gets old.
- American Graffiti: Not every George Lucas classic is a Star Wars film, and this teenage drag racing epic always reminds me of summer.
- Drive: Ryan Gosling and a gorgeous Chevy Malibu? You won’t know which to drool over!
- Back to the Future: What’s better than a time-traveling DeLorean? Nothing, that’s what.
- Bullitt: This Steve McQueen classic defined the car chase; if you’re looking to introduce your kids to the best, this is where you start.
- Le Mans: Another great McQueen film, though this one might make for better background noise unless you’re a big fan of racing.
- Grand Prix: This is motorsport’s magnum opus film; Jessica Walter steals the show.
Why Not Go All-Out?
Sure, a movie night is great — but with this gorgeous weather, why not move the party outside and go all-out? All you need for a great time is an inflatable pool that you fill up with blankets and pillows instead of water. Voila: you have a comfy outdoor couch that can keep the kids corralled.
The best place to set up your pool is near a large, flat wall. Hang a white sheet to use as a screen, and invest in a projector — I love this mini portable one — to view your movie on a makeshift big screen. Trust me, you’ll never want to head back inside to the couch!