I Love a Good Surprise, Don’t You?
Valentine’s Day is all about love, romance, and special surprises! Instead of the typical dinner and exchange of cards in the evening, why not surprise your Valentine with little surprise gifts in the car? Sneak out the night before or early in the morning before they get in and choose one of our favorite places to put these Valentine’s Day gift surprises. That’s right, we’ve compiled a list of the best places to hide Valentine’s Day surprise gifts in the car!
Surprises always make for a nice pick me up. Imagine your Valentine starting off the day feeling surprised, excited, loved. The gift part is nice but the feeling is priceless. You’re welcome.
Best Places to Hide Valentine’s Day Surprise Gifts in the Car
Let’s start with the obvious ones. These are the best places for a gift if your love isn’t known for being super observant.
- Place a gift right on the passenger’s seat. They sure can’t miss a surprise placed there.
- Put a post-it note to on the steering wheel or get even cuter (or cheesier) with a handwritten note asking them to be your Valentine. Remember those days in school where’d you’d get a “do you like me” note? Those are sure to make your Valentine smile, even giggle.
- Use lipstick or dry erase marker to write a note on the mirror or window. Just make sure it’s not too embarrassing or large. Remember, your Valentine probably needs to drive (a see the road). And you don’t want to make them clean too much.
- If the car has a sunroof, slide it open and stick the gift up there. It might take them a few minutes to actually see it but movie tickets, concert tickets or any other small gift would be great there.
Valentine’s Day Surprises That Hide in Plain Sight
- Consider clipping a card to their seatbelt. It’s something they can’t miss when they’re putting safety first!
- For a small gift like movie tickets or candy, consider leaving it in their sunglasses case. This spot in my car is the perfect place for a Million Dollar Bar for my One-in-A-Million Husband.
Gift your love a new tumbler and put it in their cup holder. You can follow up with a text later in the day or note inside with a reference to the gift. I’m cheesy (and punny) so my husband will probably get a text saying “You’ve transformed my life.” to go with his new Transformers tumbler.
- For cars with a side pocket or door, it’s the perfect place to put something a little larger. This book is a super cute way to get my husband’s attention early in the morning.
Treasure Hunts for Valentine’s Day Gift Surprises
Time to get creative! You can make a treasure hunt or give hints for not so obvious places that you’ve hidden a gift. The trunk of a car is certainly going to be one of these places but don’t forget your glove compartment or center console too.
These all make fun places to hide gifts. May I suggest concert tickets, movie tickets or smaller items like cards and candy. Make sure not to make the gift too hard to find. If they don’t go into the trunk daily, then you can add a note on the steering wheel instructing them to open the trunk to make it easier.
Have we missed any out of the best spots that you think would be a great place? If so, share them in the comments below. We wouldn’t want to miss a good hiding spot!