Find Lunar Rock in Your Driveway and Take It Off Road.
We’re looking for new ways to explore and unwind, and our cars are where we find refuge away from home. The 2020 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road is waiting for the perfect family adventure and starts at $35,180. The RAV4 featured here is $42,095. Its 2.5L 4-cylinder engine with 203 horsepower is equipped for different terrain with a stabilizing TRD-tuned suspension. Can we get a slow clap going for that combine 27 mpg, too? It’s hungry for road trips with that fuel economy and eager for curbside pickup alike with that power liftgate. Whether you’re driving through mud and sand or snow, there are multi-terrain select options to take care of the hard part while you sit back and enjoy the ride. It’s the family adventure SUV that keeps you comfy, savvy, and ready for fun!
The 2020 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road SUV has black and “ice edge” accents to show off the TRD trim, and it’s clear to see that it’s hard to blend in whether in nature or on the road in this gorgeous “lunar rock” color. If you’re taking this SUV on and off-road, the RAV4 sits on 18-inch allow wheels with bright LED headlights, fog lights, and daytime running lights. The RAV4 reignites that sense of adventure outdoors, especially at a time when we’re spending a lot more time indoors.
What We Loved about the Toyota Rav4 TRD
- With a 5-star safety rating and all of the must-have Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 features, the 2020 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road will protect your family along the journey together and it’s all-wheel drive (AWD).
- The optional TRD Off-Road weather package is $1,015 and is something every car, truck, and SUV should have no matter where you’re located. After living in different climates, I’ve discovered how beneficial it is to have a heater leather-trimmed steering wheel, heated and ventilated seats, and rain-sensing wipers. Oh, and did I mention it also has a de-icer function? Yes, you can take the RAV4 just about anywhere and you’re prepared for the swift changes in weather.
- Playing music loud should always sound this good. Opt for the premium audio and dynamic navigation with the JBL speakers for $1,620. I love where the speakers are positioned throughout the cabin and try to find all 9! Hint: you can find two of them in the front dashboard.
- The steering wheel accurately felt the grip on the road without feeling too heavy. It made me feel more confident driving on the highway and navigating through mud, too.
- The optional technology package is $1,950, which seems like a lot, but it’s a lifesaver when you consider the 360 degree view feature to assist with reversing and parking. It saved me a few times when parking somewhere new.
RELATED: TECHNOLOGY THAT LOOKS OUT FOR YOU ON THE ROAD? TOYOTA SAFETY SENSE DRIVER ASSISTANCE AND SAFETY TECHNOLOGY, AT YOUR SERVICE
Inside the Perfect Family Adventure SUV
- Latch-lower anchor and tethers for children
- Power liftgate
- Smart key system with push button start
- Downhill assist control
- Dual zone auto A/C with rear vents
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Paint protection film for an additional $395
- Roof rack cross bars at an extra $315
- Backup camera with dynamic gridlines
- Brake assist and smart stop technology
Let’s Go Places in the Toyota Rav4
From 4 USB charge-ports standard and wireless smartphone charging with the optional technology package, the 2020 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road provides a well-informed drive experience where everyone can charge and feel in-the-know on the go. Your family will sit comfortably in the SofTex seats, while keeping cool or warm with the rear vents. Upfront, the driver has a power adjustable seat and dual zone auto A/C so both you and the passenger can select the right temperature for your current needs. You’ll feel at home (on the road).
Whether you’re riding solo or with the family, the 8” touch-screen is within your reach with the world at your fingertips. The RAV4 is designed for you to hold your own while navigating on that next big adventure, while also keeping in mind of the possibilities that you need a trusty spouse/co-pilot. Either way, your family will appreciate the RAV4 taking care of the hard part, while they get to explore and experience the world around them.
Disclosure: Toyota provided the RAV4 TRD for this test drive; all opinions are my own.