Fresh air. Sunshine. Smiles. Happiness.
And that’s just how I felt when I got behind the wheel of the 2020 Fiat 500 X Sport, the all wheel drive crossover from Fiat. Being in quarantine for so long, it was time to get out and go for a drive. Right now, it feels like a drive is the only safe escape from home we really have. So I rounded up the crew and hit the road. We passed by the grandparent’s homes to wave hello, took the scenic route and got some treats at playa bowls. Happy rides in a happy car.
A Birthday Parade
Everywhere we went, people looked at the Fiat 500 X with smiles. My husband would wave and smile back – he couldn’t get over how excited people seemed to get around it. My mom thought it was the cutest thing she ever saw and my grandmother said she wanted one (and at $27,000 for the base and about $35,000 nicely loaded, it’s in her budget). So when we were invited to parade my cousin for her 21st birthday, we had to bring the Fiat 500 X along. My daughter made a little banner and off we went to celebrate.
Parades in the car are the new normal. How crazy it is that we went from endless celebration invites to simple car parades? It could be just what the world needed…
Surprising Space, Style and Convenience in the Fiat 500 X Sport
I must admit, when I first saw the size of this small all wheel drive crossover, I thought it would feel as small as it looked. If that makes sense. But to my surprise, it felt bigger! The front seat (both driver and passenger) was comfortable. And in the back you could fit up to three passengers (though I suggest the middle passenger be a petite person). There is one USB port in the backseat so your passengers can juice up their mobile devices. The front of the car has two USB ports and one 12-V power port. Plus, this model had a dual-pane sunroof that extended across the back. It was so cool to look out. My daughter loved looking out from the backseat.
New Design Features
The 2020 Fiat X Sport got some interior and exterior changes for this year’s model in order to give it a sportier look.
- New fascia designs (front and back)
- All new 18-inch wheels (standard) 19 inch aluminum wheels with all season Michelin tires (upgrade)
- Dual chrome exhaust
- All black interior
- New sport inspired seating with red stitching on seats, console and steering wheel
- Flat bottom steering wheel with Alcantara inserts
- Paddle shifters
- 1.3-liter direct-injection turbocharged four-cylinder engine (standard nine-speed transmission)
- All 500 X cars come standard with All Wheel Drive
Get an inside look…
Is it Safe Enough?
The 2020 Fiat 500 X Sport is loaded with safety features including front and rear cameras to help you park safer (and detect pedestrians), adaptive cruise control, a forward collision warning system, lane departure warning, rain-sensing windshield wipers, blind-spot monitoring and more. We tested the cameras and warning system by walking all around the car and boy, does the Fiat let you know!
Is there Any Trunk Space?
Yes! There really is. You can fit your essential groceries easily into the trunk. You can even pull the seats down to lug small furniture or larger items. There is a surprising 39.8 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats folded down.
What You Should Know
- Available in four trim models and 13 exterior colors
- Fuel- 26 MPG 24 city / 30 highway
- All Wheel Drive comes standard with all X 500 models
- There are four models in the Fiat 500X lineup:
- Trekking Plus
- Comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Seats 5 passengers
- Standard 7 inch touch-screen radio
- BeatsAudio premium sound system (available as an upgrade)
- Starts at $26,895 (the model I test drove is $35,895)
Who This Car is For
- Singles or Couples living in city areas
- Great extra car for the household
- Someone who is always on the go and needs a small but fierce fast car!
What We Loved
- Fun design
- Compact size, easy to get around
- Sporty bucket seats
- Dual-Pane Power Sunroof
- Leather wrapped shift design
- Heated front seats (perfect for a chilly day!)
- Beats sound system (so good!)
What We Listened to in the 2020 Fiat X Sport
Every Ride is a Pure Joy Ride
We had so much fun testing out the 2020 Fiat 500 x Sport. It really cheered us up to go out for little drives here and there. Turn up the music, forget your worries and drive.