Meet the 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid
It’s the car you can plug in or gas up. Run on the battery for your daily commute or local errands and add gas for longer trips. Either way, it’s the most fuel-efficient Crosstrek ever.
Subaru is well known for its safety. The Crosstrek Hybrid comes with a custom system (EyeSight Driver Assist Technology) that provides all-around awareness for the driver. It monitors traffic, optimizes cruise control, and warns the driver when swaying outside of lanes. The car also has a braking feature that applies full braking force and brings you to a complete stop in case of an emergency. And it helps drivers stay in their lanes with the Lane Keep Assist feature. Other safety features include hands-free tech and smartphone operation, rear vision cameras, and blind-spot detection.
What We Loved About the 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid
After spending a week in the Crosstrek Hybrid, I have to say my favorite thing about it was the smooth drive. It felt light, easy and safe. It was also easy to pack up, run errands, park, and venture around. I even liked this car for my daughter in the future (she’s still too young to drive!) because it just felt like a good car you could feel confident about when it comes to safety, comfort, and convenience. Plus, it’s eco-friendly.
How Much Will It Cost? And How much Can You Save?
The Crosstrek Hybrid starts at $35,145. Add a sun roof, heated seats and premium sound and the price tops out at about $38,787, which includes a $1,010 delivery charge. Having a hybrid can save you money. And not only on fuel (annual savings of $350), but your state may offer some sweet incentives. You can qualify for a federal tax credit of up to $4,500 after purchase and different tax credits or discounts depending on where you reside.
What You Need to Know
- You still need gas in the tank in order to operate this car. You can avoid using as much gas as you want to by keeping the battery full.
- Driving range- the Crosstrek Hybrid has a total range of up to 480 miles using both the electric and gas. It’s capable of recharging the battery while driving and can travel using only the electric motor up to 17 miles. The fuel tank holds 13.2 gallons.
- The battery takes from 2-5 hours to charge depending on where you charge. From home (120v), it will take you about 5 hours but 2 hours at a charging station (240v).
- The Crosstrek Hybrid comes with standard Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive. It is capable of going off-road.
- 1,000 pounds of towing capacity.
- Standard low-profile integrated roof rails.
- Standard heated front seats.
- 60/40-Split Fold-Down Rear Seats- fit three passengers in the back with both rear seats up, or fold a seat down for extra cargo room.
- The multimedia system (8-inch touchscreen) is compatible with Apple Carplay & Android Auto.
- Standard built with an extensive high-strength steel body structure for long-lasting quality. This provides a durable experience with vibration resistance for a quieter and smoother drive.
- 18-inch black-finish alloy wheels
- Harman Kardon premium audio system.
- Estimated 90 MPGe combined electric/gas fuel economy
- 4 cylinder engine