Get ready to wow the neighbors!
I was recently invited to test out a premium 2019 Chevrolet Equinox. Honestly, I didn’t know what to expect. I’ve never driven a Chevy before. My image of the brands is all about high-power pick up trucks and sturdy, economical SUVs. I didn’t know how stylish this small SUV crossover would be! This is not just a car to get you from point A to point B. High-powered? Yes. Sturdy? Yes. Stylish, hip, and technology-heavy? Yes, yes, yes! It’s no wonder Chevrolet has sold over 2 million Equinox SUVs!
The Chevrolet Equinox is a rare small SUV crossover that can do it all. With four kids, a husband, and a career, I need a car that can fit into each of those parts of my life. And the Chevrolet Equinox does just that.
Top 2019 Chevrolet Equinox Features
- Vehicle class: Small SUV Crossover
- Seating capacity: 5
- MSRP: 2.0L: $ 30,595 (incl. DFC)
- MPG: Up to 28 city / 39 highway
- Touchscreen: 7-inch or 8-inch-diagonal color touchscreens. An 8-inch system with navigation is available featuring HD touchscreens. NEW FOR 2019
- USB ports: Four USB data ports are standard. Two additional USB ports, an SD card reader and auxiliary input jack are available. NEW FOR 2019
- Standard Rear Vision Camera is upgraded to a crystal-clear HD view NEW FOR 2019
- Surround Vision, which allows you to see the car as if you were looking down on it from the sky is available in the 2019 model. It can also be upgraded to HD view. NEW FOR 2019
5 Features of this Small SUV Crossover Families Will Love
- Huge trunk. What the Chevrolet Equinox gives up in 3rd row seating, it makes up for with a huge amount of trunk space. For a small SUV crossover, I was amazed at how big the trunk was. I was able to fit a desk I purchased in the back with room to spare. Plus, since it is a raised bed, I could slide it in and out by myself despite it being heavy! Chevrolet says it has 63.9 cubic feet of cargo volume. I say it would fit a double stroller and still have room for a week’s worth
- Heated seats. I know what you’re thinking: Doesn’t every new car have heated seats these days? The answer may be yes if you are just talking about the driver’s seat and the front passenger seat. However, the Equinox has heated seats in the back, too. We recently had a cold snap and instead of hearing my kids complain as we pulled away early on a Saturday morning, they were all snuggled in their seats, cozy and warm by the time we backed out of the driveway!
- Valet-ready. I like to say that if my car is clean, it is valet ready. There’s not much worse than pulling up to a nice restaurant or hotel, opening the door for the valet and basketballs, Chick-fil-A wrappers, and used napkins falling out. When I pull up with my minivan that is almost to be expected though. However, when my husband and I got a chance to attend the fancy schmancy Whiskeys of the World event at the Intercontinental Hotel Buckhead, our Chevy was looking totally valet-ready. Not only was it clean, it was clean. Stylish and trendy, the Chevy Equinox (in the Pacific Blue Metallic color) was turning heads.
- It has updated technology. One of the best features about this car is all the high-tech options I found in the 2019 model. There are four USB ports in the standard model with options to add more. I like that the backseat features an outlet as well as the USB ports, so the kids can listen to their own thing or just charge their devices. There are also USB ports in the front console, including ones inside the compartment between front seats. With hands-free laws in effect in many states, having a safe place to stow your phone (and charge it too) is just plain smart. The impressive rearview cameras with surround vision (a premium option) make parking a breeze. And of course, the push button lift gate is something every busy mom needs in her life.
- It has a Wi-Fi hotspot. An optional 4G LTE service package can connect up to seven devices. We used it almost every day. I didn’t realize how useful that feature would be for my family!
The Chevrolet Equinox is a sporty small SUV crossover that will cater to moms everywhere. (OK…Dads too). Just keep in mind that there is no third row if that’s something you think you might need. Drive it to basketball games or to date nights or to pick up all your finds from Costco. The Chevrolet Equinox can handle it all!