The plug-in hybrid Honda Clarity is a sharp-looking sedan, with amazing fuel economy.
While the body style of the Honda Clarity has been known to be polarizing, either you love it or you hate it, I like the lines of it, and you can tell immediately when you see it on the road that it’s not every other Accord on the road. It is set apart with it’s unique styling.
What We Loved About the Honda Clarity
Saving money on gas is a huge plus in the LOVE column for me. I love having the convenience of an extended range gas motor, with the fuel economy of 47 miles of electric power. I was able to plug-in the Clarity in my garage every night and not spend a dime on gas over a full week of driving.
It’s a sedan, so I love the ease of parking and maneuvering through traffic. The outward visibility is fairly standard for a sedan.
What Do You Get for Your Money?
The Honda Clarity starts at $33,440 US or $41,880 CAD for 340 miles total range (47 miles electric) or 547 kilometers at 201 horsepower.
Included in the base model:
- Honda Sensing suite of safety features
- 8″ Touchscreen
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off
- 8-Year High-Voltage Battery Limited Warranty
- lane-keeping assist
- A multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
- Walkaway auto-Lock
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration
The Touring model starts at $36,600 USD or $44,995 CAD
All of the above plus:
- Remote climate pre-conditioning
- Leather-trimmed seating
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Driver’s seat with 8-Way power adjustment and two-position memory
- Front passenger’s seat with 4-Way power adjustment
- Voice recognition
- Electronic Continuously Variable Transmission with sport mode
What You Need to Know
- I was able to plug-in nightly at home and didn’t use an ounce of gas over the week I drove the Clarity
- Various rebates for both the car and home installation of a level 2 charger vary from State to State and Province to Province
I was provided the Honda Clarity for one week to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.