Costco shopping list: Eggs, milk, muffins, and a Chevy Truck.
You can get almost anything at Costco these days. From food and furniture to movie tickets and caskets. But one of the best deals it has to offer its members are promotional deals with auto manufacturers.
The Costco Auto Program is always a great place to buy a car, any car, all year long. But every few months Costco offers a special promotion that sweetens the deal even more. Through the end of the month, Costco’s deal is focused on General Motors brands: Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC.
Costco’s Best Deals are Set for the Holiday Season
Because great deals are what Costco does. The company goes right to manufacturers of all sorts of products and negotiates a great deal so they can offer special pricing to members. Cars are no exception, and they’ve been doing it for years.
“The Costco Auto Program continues to deliver excellent value to Costco members,” said Mark DerGarabedian, Costco Services director. The company negotiates a low, no-haggle price on nearly every model on the market. But to take the incentives even further, the company puts together a package with special pricing and even a Costco gift card. This month’s GM offer is just that. “We are excited about the opportunity this promotion brings Costco members.”
What Perks Do Members Get?
Current members who purchase or lease an eligible 2019 or 2020 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac model will receive:
- Special GM pricing
- The GM incentives they qualify for, such as cashback or special finance rates
- Costco gift card after completing a Costco Auto Program survey
- $700 for Executive Members
- $300 for Gold Star and Business Members
To receive the benefits of the Season of Values promotion, members must:
- Be a Costco member by Sept. 30, 2019
- Register by visiting CostcoAuto.com/GM
- Receive an email confirmation with their Authorization Number
- Purchase or lease by Jan. 2, 2020
Ok, I’m in. Now What?
The Costco Auto Program doesn’t actually sell cars; it provides the retailer’s members with a connection to participating approved dealerships. The Costco dealer is trained to deliver a seamless and transparent experience. And the Costco Auto Program site is designed to make the most difficult parts of buying a car – like the research and negotiation – easier for you. This is how you get started:
- Register – select an eligible vehicle to locate a dealership and receive your authorization number
- Schedule – make an appointment to visit the dealer and take a test drive
- Visit the Dealership – there you’ll show your membership card and email confirmation with your authorization number to the Costco-authorized salesperson; this code will automatically deliver the Costco-negotiated price as well as any incentives you qualify for
- Receive – claim your Costco Shop Card by submitting a redemption form. After General Motors verifies your purchase, complete a Costco Auto Program survey to receive your Costco gift card in the mail
Which Models are Included in the Holiday Sale?
All of them! Buyers can choose from SUVs and trucks to sports cars and electric vehicles. Yes, even the Bolt, the Corvette, and the Silverado qualify! Most vehicles are available with the exception of the Corvette and there are a few trim level exclusions. You can find a complete list of eligible vehicles here.
Some of the highly sought after GM models include:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV, Blazer, Camaro, Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban
- Buick Enclave, Envision, Regal TourX
- GMC Acadia, Canyon, Sierra, Yukon/Yukon XL
- Cadillac ATS, CT6, CTS, Escalade, XT4, XT5, XT6
If you ask us, you’re better off with one of the larger trucks or SUVs. Because with that Costco gift card and a bit of extra money in your pocket from the savings, you’ll need the extra room to bring home your Costco haul.