I have three teen daughters, so I know “family cars.”
I know family cars from experience. I’ve owned a station wagon (yes, you read that right), two minivans, a large SUV, a couple of sedans and a hatchback, even a fully electric car. But never a pick-up truck.
Driving the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Limited recently made me realize this is the *perfect* family car! Let me count the ways!
And it’s got GREAT fuel economy thanks to the RAM 1500 Limited EcoDiesel engine. This truck gets 24 MPG / 9.8 L/100KM with the 4WD version which is significantly better than my old large 3-row SUV!
The Amount of Space for Cargo is Seemingly Endless
The crew cab for one is so very spacious with tons of legroom, reclining seats, a massive center console, and comfortable leather seating for your kids, car seats, or passengers. It seats five VERY comfortably, PLUS it has under-seat storage, the seats fold UP for cargo space and there is underfloor storage as well.
The truck bed comes with a cargo divider so that you can secure your cargo as you need, it can be customized almost any way, and the black appearance package includes the tonneau cover.
The center console up front has endless amounts of storage for your purse, cupholders, adjustably usable storage, and even some ‘easter eggs like older RAM model illustrations and measurements hidden underneath the console cover.
Endless Capability is Standard in the RAM 1500 Limited EcoDiesel
The towing capacity is enough for 12,560 lbs which is pretty heavy duty!
It is off-road fully capable with high low/4×4 AND Air suspension so you can take it literally anywhere — camping, trails, lakes, logging roads, truly off-road capability.
@xoconniepetersCome check out the crew cab in the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Limited! LOTS to see. 👊 ##ramtrucks ##shedrivesnow ##truckchallenge ##learnontiktok♬ They Call Me Tiago (Her Name Is Margo) – Tiagz
The air suspension allows you to manually set it to any height while you’re driving, at a stop prior to taking it on rough terrain or just wanting to ride higher. And the automatic running boards help you get in and out easily.
10 Features that Make the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Limited feel Totally Luxe
When I was planning my test drive of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel I was NOT expecting to be in a luxury vehicle for the week! I was thinking ‘farm truck,’ ‘utility,’ function, or work vehicle. But the luxury in this truck? A girl could get used to this.
Luxury features abound in the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Ltd. Let me count the ways it spoiled me…
- There is a giant panoramic sunroof, which I love and feels totally high end.
- Adaptive cruise control that can manage traffic on your commute is safe and convenient.
- The high definition screen and multi-functional 360 degree backup camera has a very sharp image.
- The 12″ infotainment touchscreen is second-to-none, I haven’t seen this huge vertical screen in anything except a Tesla Model X.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity is standard and a must these days!
- WIFI hotspot is SO nice for road trips and family drives, I was shocked a pickup truck had this functionality!
- Power adjustable pedals and steering for all driver heights. I’m 5’1″ and had zero issues with finding a comfortable drive position.
- Heated and cooled/ventilated seats on all FOUR main seats in the truck means your kids also get luxe seating on hot AND cold weather days!
- There are enough USB and USB-C Chargers throughout the front and back seating areas (8) to keep the entire family happy with devices locally or on a long road trip!
- Wireless charging and a phone ‘holder’ so that your phone is secure and safe while in motion.
What Does This Family Truck Cost?
The RAM 1500 starts at USD $32,145 / CAD $40,195 and as shown this Black Appearance Package Limited EcoDiesel trim topped out at CAD $94,585 (approximately USD 75,000) which includes all the options shown.
Who Is the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Limited for?
- Families who love adventure, need space and want a high tow capacity
- Part work-truck, part family-car
- Kidless adults looking for extra room to bring friends on weekend adventures, towing and off-road capability
The RAM 1500 Eco Diesel is Just Like My Family: Tough on the Outside, Beautiful on the Inside
And, that’s how I want them to feel in a family car: Protected, pampered and loved. I was truly not expecting Ram’s many features and creature comforts, or that a pickup truck would leave us feeling so well-cared for. And now when I see kids peering from the rear windows of a Ram 1500, I know why they are smiling.
View this post on Instagram