Heads will turn whenever you drive the new Lincoln Continental.
Luxury is a word that is often tossed around with cars but is not something that is always delivered when promised. But take a seat inside this luxury ride, the 2019 Lincoln Continental Black Label. You may quickly be upgrading your want list of features and question why you have been going without them for so long. With a sleek appearance that will turn heads, you will have people stopping you to ask what you are driving. The all-new Continental isn’t a car for old timers – but a fully updated model that gives you all of the creature comforts you want and even some things you never knew you needed.
Hello Luxury Ride!
Ford Motor Company dropped off the 2019 Continental for us to take on the road with us and around New England. Everywhere we went we had a touch of luxury with us. The designers truly paid attention to design details everywhere including the stitching to match the Lincoln logo and beautiful matching interior materials. With sound canceling technology, the quiet ride made it a pleasure to drive for long distances. Every inch of the Continental was designed with the user experience in mind, and the beauty inside the car almost rivals the exterior.
Who This Car is For
- Road warriors – anyone who loves to drive
- Lovers of luxury and being pampered
- Anyone who loves beautiful cars that also perform well
- Drivers who love a quiet ride, that is packed with power
What This Car Costs
- Standard – Starting at $45,145 Key Features: Lincoln Co-Pilot260, SYNC 3 with 8 inch LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 3.7L Ti-VCT V6 Engine, Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control
- Select – Starting at $49,945 Key Features: Bridge of Weir 10 way Heated Deepsoft Leather-Trimmed Seats, Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System, Hands-free Power Trunk Lid, Autofold Side view Mirrors
- Reserve – Starting at $59,710 Key Features: Heads-Up Display with Forward Collision Warning, Driver/Passenger 24 Way Heated and Ventilated Seats, Twin-Turbocharged 27.L Engine, Revel Audio System with 13 Speakers
- Black Label – Starting at $70,045 Key Features – Revel Ultima Audio System, Venetian Leather Perfect Position 30 Way Seating with Active Motion, Premium LED Headlamps.
- Cost of the 2019 Lincoln Continental Black Label in Rhapsody Blue we drove $79,305
Black Label is More than A Model – It’s a Way of Life
When you hear something is “black label” the first thing you think of is exclusive. And when Lincoln designed their Black Label Continental – they took this to a higher level. It’s not just another model of car. Instead, when you purchase a Black Label Continental you not only get a beautiful car loaded with features, but you get exclusive member benefits associated with the car. If you’re looking at getting a Black Label car, Lincoln starts your luxury experience before you even test drive with a private “fitting room” for you to try out the new car in your own space and time. This takes the pressure off buying a car and makes it an experience unlike any other. It certainly beats sitting in a crowded room in a cubicle like other dealerships force you to do.
- Culinary Collections – Enjoy access to a curated list of exquisite restaurants that will provide a complimentary dinner for two (reservations required)
- Premium Maintenance – Get the benefits of a premium maintenance plan that covers all recommended services including shock absorbers, engine belts, hoses, hose clamps, brake pads and linings, wiper blades and spark plugs.
- Vehicle Care – Keep your vehicle in pristine condition with complimentary car washes and annual detailing – anytime during the life of ownership
- Pickup and Delivery – Complimentary pickup, delivery, and a loaner lincoln, service on your schedule for retail and warranty repair.
Comfort and Luxury? Yes, You Can Have Both.
If you love to drive, the Lincoln Continental is made for you. From a heads up display system that puts more than just your speed limit in front of your eyes to seats that will keep you cool, there isn’t any part of the driver’s experience that isn’t considered in the design. From the moment you sit in the driver’s seat of the Continental, you are able to adjust your seat to its perfect position and use a push button to set your steering wheel. Like many other cars on the market, you can choose to have your seat heated or cooled, but Lincoln takes it a step farther with massaging seats that you can choose the strength of your massage in different zones to keep you awake and alert while driving.
Settle into your seat, set the adaptive cruise control to do the hard work, keep your eyes straight ahead thanks to the heads up display and even set your wiper blades to auto-detect rain – really the car does most of the work for you. It’s these smart technologies built into every part of the Continental that makes it so fun to drive and perfect for hitting the road with. While you still have to pay attention to the road, you feel less fatigued while driving the car and you can drive longer distances, feeling better about it.
Does a Luxury Ride Make a Good Family Car?
Luxury is the keyword when you first see a Lincoln Continental, from the beautiful exterior to the features loaded inside. Yes, it’s a great car for the driver and even their front passenger, but it’s still a car that can get your family wherever you want to go. From ample trunk space, you can load it with whatever sporting gear you need to the latest stroller, put car seats in the back for the kids or make sure they stay entertained.
The car has plenty of storage spaces hidden throughout, USB charging, Apple Car Play, and Android Auto already included. Satellite radio will help keep everyone entertained and the panoramic skylight will provide beautiful views as you travel around. Need a bit of a break in the back? There is even a privacy shade that can be brought up to reduce the light in the back. Every comfort for passengers was considered in the design of the Continental, and your whole family will love riding in it wherever life takes you.
The Continental is More than a Pretty Package – It Will Keep You Safe on the Road
It doesn’t matter how good of a driver you are, sometimes – life happens to you. While driving the Lincoln Continental on our trip, we had covered over 2000 miles when we ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time. A Semi didn’t stop with enough time and ended up pushing a van into an SUV and then the back of the Continental. Despite the power of the impact, everyone involved walked away fine and only the van was totaled in the accident. We were at the front of the unfortunate game of bumper cars and were thrown forward quite a bit. But even with that, despite the damage to the car – it still drove perfectly the several hours we had left to get home. Despite feeling sore, the damage was mostly taken by the Continental and it protected us from the worst of it, then provided us massaging seats to make the rest of the way home.
You never know what will happen on the road, and safety features are key and the Lincoln Continental is loaded with safety features that will keep you and your family safe.
- Engine-Only Traction control
- Panic brake assist
- 360-Degree Camera
- Rear view camera
- SecuriCode keyless entry keypad
- Remote Keyless Entry System
- Battery Saver
- Anti-theft perimeter alarm
- Enhanced Security Package
- Electronic parking brake
- Four-wheel disc anti-lock brake system (ABS)
- Driver and front passenger airbags
- Front seat side airbags
- Driver knee airbag
- Glove-box-door-integrated knee airbag
- Side-curtain airbags
- Child-safety rear door locks
- Emergency trunk release
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children)
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System
- Personal Safety System
- Individual Tire Pressure Monitoring System (excludes spare)
What We Loved
- A design that took our breath away from our first look
- Driver-focused design
- Heads up display that gives you all of the information you need in one spot
- Massaging seats keep you refreshed and on the road longer
- Heated and Air Conditioned Seats help keep everyone comfortable
- Luxury from the first time you turn on the ignition
- An absolutely quiet cabin for a more enjoyable ride
What You Need to Know
- Seating for 5 but more comfortable for 4, and with leg room to spare
- Ability to connect two car seats with LATCH system
- Luxury is built in for everyone inside the Continental
- Average MPG is 16 City/24 Highway
Our Initial Thoughts and a Walk Around of the 2019 Lincoln Continental
Disclosure: The Lincoln Continental was provided for this story; all opinions are my own.