The 2019 Mazda CX-9 is a three-row SUV that seats 7 and looks great doing it. It also offers plenty of premium features that make it feel luxurious but with a value price point.
Read more about the luxury touches we loved in the Mazda CX-9 Here.
What We Loved About It
The price point means this three-row SUV is more affordable than most, and we can all enjoy its luxury touches like
- Automatic locking when you walk away with the key fob
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is standard on Touring and above
- Nappa Chrome Brown Leather seats in the Signature model
- Heated second-row seats
- Head-up display
What You Get for Your Hard-Earned Money
There are four trim levels for the 2019 Mazda CX-9 with the base Sport model (GS in Canada) starting at $32,280 USD / $36,750 CAD to the Signature model (as shown in the photos throughout this post) at $45,365 USD / $51,500 CAD.
For the base Sport (GS model in Canada):
The Sport model (or GS in Canada) starts at $32,280 USD or $36,750 CAD.
- Cloth seating
- Front-wheel Drive option
- Keyless entry
- Cruise Control
- Standard Apple CarPlay + Android Auto
- Automatic rain-sensing windshield wipers
- 7″ Infotainment display
- Heated front seats
- 18″ Wheels
The options available on this model are USD $1290 for the Driver’s Power Seat and I-Activesense Package with include a power driver’s seat with power lumbar support, heated front seats, heated side mirrors, automatic headlights, high beam control, lane-keep assist, lane departure warning and more.
Bump up to the AWD model and all of the above is included in the Canadian model topping out at $42,020 CAD.
The AWD Sport model is USD $35,125.
Touring (or GS-L in Canada):
This trim level starts at $37,130 USD or $45,320 CAD
All of the above plus:
- AWD only
- Leather seating
- Standard sunroof
- 8″ Infotainment display
- Rear seat center console with two USB ports
- Heated rear seats (second-row)
- 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- 20″ Wheels
The Driver’s Power Seat and I-Activesense Package are standard on the Touring and above models.
Grand Touring (or GT in Canada):
This trim starts at $42,640 USD or $50,520 CAD
All of the previous features plus:
- Premium Bose® sound system with 12 speakers
- 360° View Monitor
- Navigation system
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Windshield-projected color active driving display / Head-up display
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio (includes complimentary 3-month trial subscription)
- Ventilated front seats (three-position adjustable)
- 8-way power-adjustable front passenger’s seat (includes power lumbar support)
- Driver’s seat memory position (2 memory settings)
- Retractable rear door sunshades
- 20″ Wheels
The top of the line, loaded and beautifully equipped Signature trip starts at $45,365 USD / $53,520 CAD and includes all of the above plus:
- Nappa leather-trimmed upholstery with premium stitching detail
- Santos Rosewood-trimmed center console panel and door switch panel
- Signature grille illumination
- Premium cross-stitching detail on steering wheel
What You Need to Know
- In Canada, the unlimited mileage warranty is available on all Mazda models for 2019. The mileage limitation remains unchanged in the US as follows: 36 month/36k Mile for new-vehicle limited warranty, 5 year/60k mile powertrain limited warranty, and 3yr/36k mile roadside assistance.
- Add a rear-seat entertainment system for $1,795 USD
- Fuel mileage is very good for a large three-row SUV at 26 MPG or 9.1 L/100KM highway.
I was provided the Mazda CX-9 for one week to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.