The 2021 Cadillac Escalade 4WD Platinum provides you and your bestie with free massages — game changer!
The moment I opened the door and stepped into this 2021 Cadillac Escalade 4WD Platinum, signals of luxury danced through my head. I couldn’t wait to tell my girlfriend Eve that we were taking a beast of a ride to our weekend getaway in Frisco, Texas! The Cadillac Escalade 4WD Platinum, with a price tag of $109,000 for the model we tested, not only has everything you could imagine in a car, but it also has a massage setting for two: the driver and the passenger seat. All we needed was chocolate and a beverage, and we were set on a self-care weekend… in the car!
We had planned the weekend for a girl’s weekend getaway, and we were going in style and comfort. We couldn’t decide which setting to put the massager on the — roll, knead, or anti-fatigue. Seriously, that was the first thing we did as we started our trip.
But of course, don’t let that fool you; the Cadillac is a luxury family car, and men too will love it all, including the massager, because we all know relieving stress and tension, especially on long road trips, is good the body and soul. Keep reading to see what else we loved and why you will love owning this 2021 Cadillac Escalade Platinum.
Related: Can’t Decide Between this Design and the Last Model? This is What We Thought of the 2019 Cadillac Escalade
This May Be The Best Luxury SUV Ever
I wasn’t prepared to talk to strangers about the Cadillac because Eve and I were geared up for our self-care weekend and all we wanted to do was get there and relax. But the oohs and ahhs from strangers kept coming, and a few stares, too. But I had plenty to say about the 2021 Escalade Platinum which was redesigned and revealed in late 2019. From the streamlined new front end with two grille choices and new headlights to the updated silhouette to the ground-breaking new tech features, it was a delight to talk about the new Escalade with strangers. I even showed one sweet lady the front cabin and, of course, had to mention the massager.
Along with the magnificent Shadow Metallic color of the car, the shape, and the polished 22″ 10-spoke wheels, I should have known we weren’t going far without heads turning. It’s a luxury SUV that commands attention because it looks like the kind of machine that would escort celebrities or big-name politicians — everyone wants to know what star is hiding behind the tinted windows.
How Escalade Became Even More Posh
The Escalade was redesigned for 2021 with a slew of new features and technology. It starts with the curved two-piece glass media display with three different display areas: the infotainment system is front and center, the driver information display is right behind the steering wheel and to the left there’s a display that shows your trip odometer and fuel economy. The screen also shows live views of the road ahead or maps and the driver information screen allows you to customize the information you want to see.
There’s also a head up display projection screen on the dashboard in front of the driver so you can see key details like navigation or the speed limit while you’re driving.
Then, Cadillac added premium features like night vision, which allows you to see people and large animals on the driver information screen at night, which is super helpful if your’e driving on a dark road with no street lights and someone is jogging or a deer is headed out of the forest and toward your car– you can see them. And, head up display is available on all but the base model; this is great because it projects key information onto the windshield in front of the driver so you don’t have to take your eyes off the road to know your speed or the song on the radio. Last, Escalade buyers can also opt for Super Cruise, the hands-free semi-autonomous driver assist system that lets you relax behind the wheel and let the car do the driving on the highway.
All this is in addition to the incredible Cadillac interior, which has long been known ample seating in three rows, lots of cargo space, even behind the third row and for supple its leathers that have a distinct luxurious fragrance.
Here’s what’s included with the Platinum Luxury Platinum trim:
- Massaging front seats
- Driver and front passenger power 16-way seats, including 4-way power lumbar & massage
- Semi-aniline leather seats in all three rows
- (Even more) Leather wrapped trim including instrument panel and console
- Rear seat entertainment system
- AKG surround sound premium audio with 36 speakers
- Leather-wrapped interior trim with suede headliner
- Platinum grille
- 22″ Wheels with 10-spoke polished rims
If A Built-in Massager Isn’t Enough — Here Are More Reasons To Own The Escalade Platinum
The total package price of the Escalade we tested included optional equipment with a price of $109,500. The extra cost for the seat massager is so worth it.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pricing:
- Base model Cadillac Escalade Luxury Platinum: $102,995
- Night vision allows you to see people and animals at night: $2000
- Power assist steps pop out when you unlock or open the doors: $1,750
- A center console cooler with freezer option: $700
- Shadow Metallic color: $625
- Puddle lights that splash the Cadillac Crest on the ground next to the doors so you can see to get into the car: $135
- The total price of the model as tested, including delivery fee: $109,500
I really enjoyed a stress-free weekend with my friend, and the total package of this Escalade certainly relieved any tension I had built up.
This Luxury Family SUV is Great for a Girlfriend’s Weekend — And Here’s What We Loved
Eve and I both agreed on these features, but for me, the heated seats and massager combo made my weekend.
- Dual seat massager. We both can feel the joy of the massager, not just the driver.
- Roominess for all of our luggage and goodies we found on the way.
- The Shadow Metallic color. We felt special, and it made us feel pretty cute too!
- Having the assist steps help us get in the car made entreé so much smoother.
- Of course, our waters never got hot… not even warm inside the console cooler. A must-have in Texas!
- Heated seats even when it’s warm outside — it just goes good with the massager!
You might say we were a tad spoiled, and driving this lovely beast made our weekend together that more special.
Who This Car Is For
- A large family, especially those who need a full time third row
- Anyone who loves the finer things in life
- Drivers who like long comfortable car rides and road trips
- Anyone who loves pampering
- Persons who want/need convenience
- For anyone that puts safety first
Kim’s Cadillac Playlist
What You Need to Know About the 2021 Cadillac Escalade
- Engine Type: Gas
- Transmission: 10-speed shiftable automatic
- Drive Type: Four-wheel drive
- Cylinders: V8
- Combined MPG: 16
- Total Seating: 7, but more comfortable for 6
- Basic Warranty: 4 yrs./ 50000 mi.
Disclosure: I was provided the 2021 Cadillac Escalade to drive for one week for review purposes only – all opinions are my own.