The 2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat is the most powerful and fastest mass-produced sedan in the world.
The Dodge lineup of muscle cars has been evolving since the 1960s and the Charger has seen several iterations over the years and transformed into the family muscle car sedan in several body styles since 2006.
This bad boy is designed and engineered to push the boundaries of what a four-door family sedan can be. You can’t get a production car with more horsepower and it’s the fastest American muscle car, powered by the supercharged engine with 707 horsepower. The new 2020 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody delivers a top speed of 196 miles per hour (mph), continuing its reign as the most powerful and fastest mass-produced sedan in the world.
Can you imagine piling the kids into this at school for all their friends to see, the roar of the motor threatening to race (and beat!) all the fellow family cars in the pick-up lineup? I imagine my kids would be thrilled to be the center of attention in every parking lot.
Dodge Introduces Widebody for the 2020 Charger and Charger SRT
New aggressive and modern Widebody exterior, standard on Charger SRT Hellcat and available on Charger Scat Pack, features new front and rear fascias with integrated fender flares, adding 3.5 inches of width over the wider wheels and tires.
Widebody Package adds 20-inch by 11-inch wheels and wider Pirelli tires combining to deliver improved performance on the street, strip and road course (should you feel the need to race!).
What’s New Inside the 2020 Dodge Charger Widebody
The race-inspired interior of the Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody features live-stitch accents throughout the instrument panel and doors. Additional unique interior elements and soft-touch finishes refine the high-performance cabin, including:
- Available real carbon fiber accents to the instrument panel
- New SRT Hellcat instrument panel badge is unique for the 2020 model year with a black and red finish
- From the driver’s seat:
- Standard heated and ventilated leather front seats feature embossed Hellcat logo – available interior color combinations include Black, Black/Sepia or Black/Demonic Red
- Heated, leather-wrapped SRT flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls and paddle shifters is standard or available in wrapped Alcantara
- Fully electronic, performance-inspired shifter controls the standard eight-speed automatic transmission and gives the driver the look and feel of a traditional linkage shifter
- Roomy center console storage compartment is designed to keep an abundance of personal items handy and within easy reach
Uconnect Technology brings SRT Performance Pages, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
The Uconnect 4C system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is standard on the Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody and all Scat Pack models and includes an 8.4-inch touchscreen display that offers multi-touch gestures, vivid imagery, sharp graphics and support for smartphone integrations and features SRT Performance Pages. A 7-inch driver information digital cluster display gives instant information on performance, available navigation and plenty of vehicle stats, and is easily customizable with the steering wheel-mounted controls.
Three New Colors Launch in 2020
Dodge Charger customers have a wide array of exterior colors from which they can choose. Twelve different exterior colors including three new:
- F8 Green
- Frostbite (NEW – late availability) (shown in photos)
- Go Mango
- Granite Crystal
- Hellraisin (NEW – late availability) (A shiny deep purple)
- IndiGo Blue
- Octane Red
- Pitch Black
- Sinamon Stick (NEW – late availability) (A goldy orange)
- Triple Nickel
- White Knuckle
What Will This New Widebody Cost?
We don’t have pricing information as yet, but dealer orders open this Fall 2019 and vehicles will start arriving in Dodge//SRT dealerships in early 2020.