Wait. It Has a Third Row and It Costs How Much?😂
Having driven the Tiguan before, at an automotive event, I knew that I liked it, but I think at that point I was enamored by the Habanero Orange Metallic paint job and the roof rack that made this compact SUV look so sporty and fun. Until I got one to drive for a week I had no idea just how much I would love and appreciate this car. I really didn’t want to give it back.
Redesigned to Look Like Its Big Brother
The Tiguan was completely redesigned last year, updated to look like a mini-version of the very popular VW Atlas 3-row SUV. It has a sharper, more sculpted look and a classic SUV shape. And, with American car buyers demonstrated demand for third row SUVs, the company extended the body a few inches to add a third row.
Here are some of the fun surprises I discovered during my extended test drive of the 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan.
View this post on Instagram
A few interior shots of the 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan. Showing off that third row. It’s not huge, but it’s usable and it folds down easily to creat a huge cargo area! #volkswagen #2019Tiguan #vwtiguan #vw #vwlove #3rdrowsuv #familycar #SUV #adventure #outdoors #travel #travellife #txautowriters
5 Surprising Things We Loved About the 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan
1. Number one big surprise: the 3rd row. Yes, it’s small – this is a compact SUV – but it’s totally usable for the occasional kids’ friends coming home with you after the game. When it’s up your cargo space is limited, but it’s a fantastic option. And the second-row seats slide forward to adjust for more legroom in the third row, which is really nice.
2. The seats are way more comfortable than they look. As you’ll see in the photos from my interior gallery on Instagram, the seats appear kind of square and flat. I was worried they might not be comfortable, but I spent a LOT of time behind the wheel of the Tiguan the week I had it and was never uncomfortable. My kids said the back seats were good too.
3. There are storage cubbies everywhere. From the super-deep pockets in the doors, which have water bottle holders in them, to the large glove box, center console, sunglasses/phone holder on the dash, and two deep wells in the cargo area, just behind the wheel wells. They are perfect for 12-packs of soda, gallons of milk, and more.
4. The price. Starting at just $24,295 and topping out at $38,895, this is an exceptionally budget-friendly family car. The model I drove was only $26,695 which I thought was incredible for what the Tiguan offers.
5. Everything makes sense. I didn’t have to hunt for anything… all the buttons and settings were right where I thought they should be, from lights to wipers, cruise control, and climate control. Hurray for simple, sophisticated German engineering!
The 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan was loaned to me for a week so that I could experience it and share my thoughts. All opinions and photos are my own.