Who This Car is For
- Small families who want great cargo space, but are willing to sacrifice some of it for the option of a 3rd row for occasional extra passengers.
- People with pets. Seriously, the cargo space with the 3rd row down is incredible.
- Anyone who wants a comfortable, reliable SUV on a budget.
What This 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan Costs
Each of the following models is also available with an upgrade to include AWD. VW calls this 4Motion and it follows a model name like so: Tiguan SE with 4Motion. This upgrade seems to add about $2,500 to the cost of whichever model you’re looking at.
Starting at just $24,295 the S model is an extremely affordable option that offers a 2.0L turbo engine, and 8-speed transmission, 22-29 MPG, a 6.5″ touch screen infotainment system, automatic headlights, roof rails, and 17″ wheels.
The SE we drove for our 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan review starts at $26,695 and includes leatherette seating, 8″ touch screen, blind-spot monitoring, and brake assist.
Next up is the SEL which offers a digital cockpit, navigation, and adaptive cruise control and retails for about $31,795.
The SEL R-Line and SEL Premiums start at $33,645 and $37,195 respectively. The R-line is an appearance package with unique badging and accents. The Premium comes standard with AWD, LED headlamps, and a Fender premium audio system.
And if one of those packages wasn’t enough, you can go all out with the $38,895 Premium R-line with 4Motion which includes all of the above.
View this post on Instagram
A few more interior shots of the 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T SE just because I’m enjoying it so much! I love the simplicity of the VW’s design when it comes to technology and climate control settings. I never have to look for anything. It’s just there, right where you’d expect it to be. I like the flush mounted infotainment screen, uncluttered console, extra water bottle holders in the doors, and the way the dash on the driver’s side is shaped to provide extra room room for your knees. #volkswagen #2019Tiguan #vwtiguan #vw #vwlove #3rdrowsuv #familycar #SUV #adventure #outdoors #travel #travellife #txautowriters
What You Should Know About this Budget Friendly 3-Row SUV
- 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine
- 184 horsepower
- 22-29 miles per gallon
- Front-wheel drive (AWD available!)
- Halogen headlights, LED running lights, taillights
- Heated, foldable, power mirrors
- Black roof rails
- 3-point safety seat belts (shoulder belts) for all 7 seats
- 6 airbags
- Brake assist and forward-collision warning
- Blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert
- LATCH for carseats
- Rearview camera system
- Tire pressure monitoring
- Dual-zone climate control
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Heated, 10-way power driver’s seat
- Second-row seats 40/20/40 split, sliding and reclining with armrests
- Third-row seats 50/50 split, fold flat
- 8″ touch screen with Apple Car Play, Android Auto, USB/Aux-In ports, Bluetooth, and CD player
The 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan was loaned to me for a week so that I could experience it and share my thoughts. All opinions and photos are my own.