And, you’re invited to join us!
Women are the most influential auto buyers; they buy or influence the purchase of 85% of all cars. Yet they only hold 27% of jobs and can be elusive for marketers to reach.
Why is that? And how can it change?
The short answer is, women need to drive the change in the industry. The longer answer, with details on how that happens, will be on the stage at the Chicago Auto Show on February 7th, 2020. “What Drives Her,” co-hosted by A Girls Guide to Cars and Women in Automotive, has focused on this question for the last several years by turning to leading women in the auto industry to share their stories and inspire other women and men to harness their passion to build a career in automotive.
Want to Know How to Do Something? Ask Someone Who’s Done it!
Real career-building advice from women who have found their way in a male-dominated industry. Mentoring and community-building strategies to help other women– and men!– build a career. Insights into where the market, and jobs, are headed in the future. Tips on understanding female buyers that we can use to be more successful.
These ideas, and the voices behind them, are shifting the conversation and the public perception. They are impacting the industry as a whole. And they’ll be on the stage at the Chicago Auto Show on February 7th.
This year’s speakers include:
- Amy Marentic, Director of Product Line Management, Ford Icons
- Angela Zepeda, Chief Marketing Officer of Hyundai
- Keitha Blackburn, Manager, Experiential Marketing, Porsche
- Kelly Webb Roberts of Webb Auto Group
- Roz Varon, Traffic and Transportation anchor, ABC 7 Chicago
- Jessica Egerton, Director of Brand at Cooper Tire
- Michelle Collins, Director of Marketing and Communications, Borg Warner
- Jennifer Newman, Editor in Chief of Cars.com
- Scotty Reiss, Founder of A Girls Guide to Cars
- Tanya Gazdik, Senior Reporter, Automotive, MediaPost
Join Us and Find Your Way Forward
If you’ve been considering a career in the automotive industry or are ready to finally push through the glass ceiling, apply to join us! Fill out the form on our Facebook event page and qualified applicants will be sent a complimentary invitation to attend What Drives Her at the Chicago Auto Show on February 7.
Can’t be there in person? Follow along with the stories and inspiration and join the conversation using #WDHCAS2020 on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.