Is there a better way to see South Florida’s best sights?
I live in Miami. Latin culture is everywhere. So while we regularly enjoy ceviche and mojitos, it’s even better when you get to dive in with with experts who can show you what you’re missing.
And, when you get to hang out with one of your favorite car brands while doing so. This past week, I celebrated Hispanic Heritage Month with Toyota by driving the all-new striking and very sporty 2020 Corolla around Miami. During our time, we visited several different locations and indulged in the Latin culture, including Little Havana, Wynwood, Hialeah, and North Beach. And it was a great time. As many Latinos say, WEPA!!!!!
View this post on Instagram
Do you know Toyota makes one of the best racing engines? What’s one feature you decide for when purchasing a vehicle? I love the thrill of driving and for me a good engine is very important. Especially when you are trying to get from Miami to Jax with ease. Toyota Corolla 2020 has a 2.0L Dynamic Force Engine giving you high speed the moment you step on the gas. ‘Cause life on the fast lane is more exciting. #micorollamicultura #toyotapartner @toyotausa 🎥: @wellington_miami [Follow the other tagged influencers as they take you to places around Miami] • • • #miamifashionblogger #carblogger #carwriter #floridawriter #floridajournalist #letsgoplaces #mimodistrictmiami #miamistyle #nycblogger #toyotausa #miamiinfluencer
I had a blast driving the 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid LE. I fell in love as soon as I got behind the wheel. Let me tell you, I felt like one cool chica. It’s zippy, easy to drive, easy to park and filled with great features that will spoil you. And a town like Miami, where everything is fun and beautiful, this sporty little car fits right in.
The starting price on this baby is $23,100.00, a nice bang for your buck considering all that you get: a cabin that is comfortable all of the latest technology. Check out a few of the specs and features:
- 53 city mpg
- Smart key system
- 8-in. touch-screen
- 7-in. color driver information display with multi-function option, so you can set up how you want
- LED headlights and taillights
- Hybrid power mode, so you can drive economically when you want, or not
- TSS – Toyota Safety Sense driver-assist system, which includes pre-collision braking, pedestrian detection, lane departure alert with steering assist, automatic high beam headlights, road sign assist, lane trace assist (which helps you stay in your lane!) and adaptive cruise control
Who Drives the Toyota Corolla?
It’s small, easy to drive and filled with great features, so it’s a good choice for most everyone. And, it was the perfect choice for this adventure. But the Corolla is also a major staple within the Hispanic Community. Check out a few impressive stats below…
- 49.8% of Corolla buyers are multicultural
- More than 62% are Hispanic
- Corolla has the highest share of first-time Hispanic buyers than any other car in this segment
With the Corolla lined up and ready to go, our first stop was Little Havana, where we drank “Cafecito” (coffee) and played Dominoes.
You Can’t Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month Without These
Latin culture is known for music, food, and drinks. These are some of the things we explored:
- Cafecito: a warm cup of espresso, Cuban style- a nice cup of Cafecito is a must in the morning! It is a nice pick me up to get the day started.
- Dominoes: we played this traditional game when we stopped for a cafe or a drink at the end of the day
- Latin cuisine: the most flavorful food ever! It was fun to dig into a Vegan Reuben and to sample the Cuban staples at El Pub in Little Havana
- Latin music & art: two of my favs – with- great tunes in the car we followed the scenic route to Wynwood where we found some great murals (like the one in the photo above)
- Walter Mercado: ICONIC! The bathroom at Stephen’s Delicatessen is decorated with the face of legendary Walter Mercado a famous Spanish soap opera actor/dancer, and writer who later became the most famous astrologer and the Latin Community adores (and worships) him.
Bottoms Up, Mi Gente!
The Broadmoor Miami Beach is located on North Beach and makes the most delicious and thirst-quenching drinks. The drink shown above is called, “something.tonic.lime.” It was a fitting toast to Hispanic Heritage Month with Toyota.
It was so much fun indulging in Latino culture. And if you haven’t visited these places, I highly recommend them! When you visit the Miami area, take the time to explore and create your own HHM memories. Miami is such a fun, colorful place filled with culture, good food, and people. You cannot go wrong.
The Something.tonic.lime nonalcoholic drink from the Broadmoor Miami Beach. 📸 Dawn Gibson Thigpen
Happy Hispanic Heritage Month!
What We Listened to While we Toured Miami in the Toyota Corolla
Tunes are ALWAYS important, but in Miami, a great playlist is critical. This is what got us going as we toured around in the Corolla.
Disclosure: The vehicle was provided to me for testing purposes and editorial consideration. All opinions are 100% my own