On board with Volkswagen: a fast, sporty car.
I was extremely excited to take the VW Golf SportWagen TSI on my business trip to NYC – three events and two conferences. I knew I needed a vehicle to help me through the traffic and rush hour and with fast response when needed. After all, this Latina was ready for some serious business! The VW Golf SportWagen TSI is the perfect car if you need that extra pick up. It has a 1.8 liter turbo-charged 4-cylinder Direct Injection Engine.
I was also very excited to enjoy the stylish lines and gorgeous look which totally matched my outfits. Because you know I’m all about being trendy and my ride should match that!
Knowing how busy I am – well, the VW took care of that. Doors unlock if you come near the car with the key; it’s that extra minute that you don’t have, that comfort which makes your life easier. It’s always about giving me that extra time to get on with my day!
The car’s information center has an amazing design, which gives so much information and lots of details! It has a touchscreen navigation & Am/FM/CD with MP3 Playback and the coolest Fender Premium Audio System!
I drive a lot, so taking the VW to NYC made me appreciate the huge panoramic and tilting sunroof! Perfecto! It helps you enjoy the nice weather, landscape and blue skies on those long driving hours and slow traffic!
What you should consider:
• The total price of $31,885 might give you other comparable options in the market with more features.
• Only 3 years/36,000 miles Powertrain Limited warranty
• It does not have a cup holder in the back
• Not a lot of space in the rear passenger seats
After my NYC trip and attending two conferences, I enjoyed a late afternoon and special ride to get ice cream with my son! I can say it tasted better in a VW!
Sometimes it’s great to be home and find your way through so many possibilities, newly opened doors, and realizing you have an exciting future ahead of you!
After my exciting experience, I wanted to share a few things with you!
What we loved
- The sunroof has a special bug catcher net, a feature I have never seen in a vehicle – and so useful!
- Power tilting & sliding panoramic sunroof
- Rain-Sensing automatic front windshield wipers w/heated washer nozzles
- Cooled glove compartment
- Steering wheel mounted shifter paddles
- Media device interface
What you need to know
- Base price: $29, 345. Price for the model we drove, with special lighting and interior and driver assistance package, $31,885
- Gets 25 mpg in the city, 35 on the highway, and 29 overall
- Not yet rated for government safety
Now that you followed my experience, give me a Trendy Shout and tell me what you think!
Note: I received the the VW Golf SportWagen TSI for review but all opinions are my own.
Claudia Krusch holds a BA in Letters with Emphasis in Translation. She speaks 4 languages and owns an award winning foreign language school, EasyLearn Languages. Her Trendy Latina Blog is a synonym for style. She has worked with national brands such as CoverGirl, Pampers, Activision, Best Buy, Michael Kors and many more! Her Social Media Management Business was born out of her endless pursuit to help others reach their online goals, and it now serves 27 businesses. Claudia serves on the NAWBOSJ marketing committee to bring her insights to their online marketing efforts.