Buckle Up for All the Facts on the Ford Transit Connect Minivan
We’ve shown you around the 2019 Ford Transit Connect. Now, let’s take a closer look at what makes the this minivan such a great option for families and those who travel.
Who This Van is For
- Mid-size to large families who need seating for 5-7 people.
- Families or couples with large dogs who like to come along for the ride
- Singles or couples who like to travel and might like to turn this little van into a home-away-from-home.
- Singles or couples who surf, ski, bike or participate in other sports which use large gear.
- Mature couples who need the ease of entry and exit that comes with a minivan.
Ford Minivan Facts: What You Need to Know About the Transit Connect
- 2.0L Engine
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- 24 MPG city / 29 MPG HWY
- Dual sliding doors
- Fog lamps
- Automatic on/off headlamps
- Power, heated, manual fold exterior mirrors
- Tilt/telescopic steering
- Rain sensing wipers
- 6-way power driver’s seat
- auto-dim rearview mirror
- Dual-zone climate control
- Overhead storage shelf
- 12V power points (3)
- USB ports (2)
- Wireless charging pad
- Fordpass Connect enabled
- Wifi Hotspot enabled
- Front-wheel drive
- 15.8-gallon fuel tank
- Hill-start assist
- Pre-collision assist with automatic breaking
- Rear-view camera + reverse sensing system
- Blindspot monitor and alert
- Remote keyless entry
- 3yr/36k mi bumper to bumper
- 5yr/60k mi powertrain
- 5yr/60k mi roadside assist
Pricing and Packaging: Ford Minivan Facts
The XL Passenger Wagon starts at $26,845.
XLT Passenger Wagon starts at $28,480. This is the model we drove. It came configured for 7 passengers, had the liftgate on the back, and a few extras including the 60/40 split bench in the second row, 16″ aluminum wheels, adaptive cruise and blind-spot alert, keyless entry and start, and nicer headlamps. The van we drove totaled out at $34,195 thanks to these extras.
The Titanium Passenger Wagon starts at $31,595.
Disclosure: Ford provided the 2019 Transit Connect for the purpose of this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.