We took the 2019 Mazda 3 for a test drive and were wowed at the details in this luxury sedan.
Here are the facts and figures you’ll need to know before taking a test drive.
Who This Car is For
- Singles, couples or small families (there are two outboard LATCHes for child car seats)
- Buyers who want a luxury sedan experience
- Buyers looking for a good value in a car
- Drivers who appreciate sport mode
- Drivers who may need all wheel drive
What This Car Costs
- Starting price with remote keyless entry, cloth seats, 8.8” infotainment system, $21,000
- Select edition adds Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, sport mode, sport gloss exterior details, active driver assist package with blind spot monitors, lane departure assist, adaptive cruise control, $22600
- Add All wheel drive option, (Select edition and above) for $1400
- Preferred Edition adds Bose sound system, leatherette seats, heated front seats, aluminum exterior accents, $24,200
- Premium edition adds head up display, adaptive front headlights, leather seating, moon roof, paddle shifters, $26,500
- Price of the Premium model we drove, with door sill plates ($425), frameless rear view mirror ($275) navigation SD card ($450) and wireless charge pad ($275) and delivery charge ($920), in Soul Red paint ($595), $30,930
What We Loved
- All that leather!!!
- The Soul Red paint. Worth it.
- Heated front seats
- Head up display
- Brake hold button
- Automatic electric parking brake
- All wheel drive is an option ($1400)
- Sport mode (and paddle shifters!)
- Adjustable sliding arm rest with wireless phone charge pad
- A USB port that is easily reachable in the front seat
- A full suite of driver assist safety features including blind spot monitors, rear cross traffic alert, brake hold, adaptive cruise control with full stop, lane departure warning, lane keep assist
- Rain sensing wipers
- The new look of Mazda. It’s just gorgeous.
What You Need to Know
- Two USB ports
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto is available in Select and above trims
- Seats 5 but more comfortable for 4
- Parking brake is engaged automatically and is released when you put on your seatbelt
- Regular gas is recommended
- 25MPG city/33 highway for the AWD model
- 36 month/36,000 mile basic warranty
- 60 month/60,000 mile powertrain warranty