Style makes driving the 2020 Range Rover Evoque like carrying a designer handbag, but even better.
Range Rover, the name itself, evokes (Evoque?) thoughts of luxury to everyone around them. Driving them, driving past them, seeing them in the mall parking lot, it’s like getting to be near or own a luxury handbag. The design of the Evoque is unlike any other compact SUV on the market, it is the introduction to the ultimate luxury SUV available. It’s for those who yearn for a Range Rover SV Autobiography ‘someday’ but aren’t ready for that $178,500 USD price tag that goes along with it.
What We Loved About the 2020 Range Rover Evoque
I loved how quick and speedy it was on dry days and when we had a big snowfall, the Grass/Gravel/Snow Mode helped me get my kids around to school and playdates safely.
Not only is it functional and safe, but it also looks and feels like a million bucks. The Range Rover brand is historically luxurious and the body style speaks for itself.
Related: 2018 Range Rover Velar Review: This Brit Will Delight Design Fans – and Luxury SUV Fans too!
What Do You Get for Your Money?
The Range Rover Evoque starts at $42,650 USD / $47,950 CAD at the base model and comes nicely equipped with:
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration
- LED Tail Lights: (LED lights are designed for long life and are more fuel-efficient as they use less energy. The quality of light produced is closer to daylight conditions, so driving at night becomes less tiring.)
- Rear Fog Lights, Approach Illumination, Auto-Dimming, Power Fold, Heated Door Mirrors with Approach Lights: (These advanced, heated mirrors are power folding to avoid damage when parking in confined spaces. In addition, the door mirror features auto-dipping functionality when the reverse gear is selected, improving visibility when maneuvering. Integrated approach lights to the underside of the mirrors feature the Range Rover Evoque silhouette)
- Solar Attenuating Windshield: (This windshield filters sunlight to reduce heat prevent UV rays from entering the cabin. Its laminated construction also buffers sound to keep Range Rover Evoque quieter.)
- Flush Exterior Door Handle
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
$46,600 USD / $53,500 CAD gets you into the R-Dynamic and includes upgrades like p
$56,850 USD / $61,500 CAD gets you the First Edition with a lot of visible upgrades like premium LED headlights with signature daytime running lights, a fixed panoramic roof, a black contrast roof, auto high beam assist, front fog lights, automatic headlight leveling, headlight power wash, auto-dimming, power fold, heated door mirrors with memory and approach lights, rear wash wiper and rain-sensing windshield wipers.
What You Need to Know
- Premium fuel is recommended in the 300 HSE engine model
- It’s a compact SUV and I would say it really feels compact inside making it ideal for singles or couples
- A fixed sunroof means it can’t be opened.
*I was provided the Range Rover Evoque for one week to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.