Sporty and fun, the all-new BMW X6 is ready For wherever life takes you.
If you’ve ever had to make the choice between a luxury vehicle and a family car, the decision just got a lot easier. The all-new 2020 BMW X6 is here to bridge the gap between coupe and sporty vehicles. With an all-new design that features a stronger front stance, a more powerful engine and even a towing capacity of 7200 bs – it’s ready to take you from work to camping, to the kids next sporting match and even for a fast ride around the track.
Add a Little Bling to Your Ride with Some Swarovski Crystals
While we were able to drive a lot of different models of BMWs at BMW Test Fest in November, the one we were most excited for was the 2020 X6, the newest in their line up of luxury vehicles that offer speed, power, and comfort. First introduced in their X7 models, the X6 does offer owners to upgrade to their Executive package and get a little bit of bling added to the vehicle. The gear shift, dials, and a few other accents are made from Swarovski crystals. This little touch is an added bit of luxury and one that will make you smile every time the sun makes the accents glitter.
Who This Car is For
- Road warriors – anyone who loves to drive
- Lovers of luxury and being pampered
- Anyone who loves beautiful cars that also perform well
- Drivers who love a quiet ride, that is packed with power
- Anyone who doesn’t want to compromise speed and power for a family car
What This Car Costs
- X6 sDrive40i: 3.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder, Rear-wheel drive included features: Apple Carplay Compatibility, BMW ConnectedDrive Services, Enhanced Smartphone Connectivity, Hard Preview, Remove services including Stolen Vehicle Recovery, Remote Door Unlock, Concierge Services, Navigation, Dynamic Cruise Control, Panoramic Moonroof with fully automatic 2 piece glass panel, climate control, USB-C charging ports, Starting at $64,300
- X6 xDrive40i: 3.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder, xDrive, intelligent all-wheel drive included features: Apple Carplay Compatibility, BMW ConnectedDrive Services, Enhanced Smartphone Connectivity, Haard Preview, Remove services including Stolen Vehicle Recovery, Remote Door Unlock, Concierge Services, Navigation, Dynamic Cruise Control, Panoramic Moonroof with fully automatic 2 piece glass panel, climate control, USB-C charging ports, Starting at $66,600
- X6 M50i:4.4-liter BMW M Performance TwinPower Turbo V-8 engine, xDrive, intelligent all-wheel drive included features: Apple Carplay Compatibility, BMW ConnectedDrive Services, Enhanced Smartphone Connectivity, Haard Preview, Remove services including Stolen Vehicle Recovery, Remote Door Unlock, Concierge Services, Navigation, Dynamic Cruise Control, Panoramic Moonroof with fully automatic 2 piece glass panel, climate control, USB-C charging ports. Connected Package Professional features Real-Time Traffic and On-Street Parking Availability info (select cities), Hazard Preview, BMW Remote Services including Stolen Vehicle Recovery, Remote Door Unlock, and BMW Connected App, and Concierge Services. The Intelligent Personal Assistant voice control offers natural speech input for various functions, including navigation Starting at $85,650.
With Little Touches of Luxury, No Detail is Forgotten
Not every detail in the X6 glitters though. Some of the small touches throughout the cabin are ones that you may not notice at first. Like the hand-stitched leather seats providing a glove-like fit for both the diver and the passengers. The optional Panorama glass roof Sky Lounge allows for a thoroughly unique feature at night. With more than 15,000 graphic points in the glass, roof are illuminated and generate a display reminiscent of a starlit sky. With more creature comforts like climate control and even entertainment controls and modules for back seat passengers, they will stay entertained anywhere the roads take you.
Functionality Isn’t Lost When You Get Behind the Wheel of an X6
The new style and lines of the 2020 BMW X6 may catch your eye, and those lines continue into the interior as well. But it’s not just a pretty package – it’s filled with safety features, comfort and of course – that sporty drive you’ve been hoping for. While comfort is key, making sure you are safe is a focus in every X6 model. Packed inside the vehicle are driver assistance features that help the driver stay more focused and not get as fatigued while driving long distances. These features include Blind Spot Detection, Lane Departure Warning, Rear Collision Warning, Frontal Collision Warning and Pedestrian Warning with City Collision Mitigation (which now also alerts the driver if cyclists are detected) Cross Traffic Alert Rear, and Speed Limit Information.
Does a Luxury Ride Make a Good Family Car?
This is still the biggest debate – does the luxury car make a good family car? While the price tag on most luxury vehicles are higher than the sedan you find on the local dealer lot that means not only better material options but the latest technology packed inside. Most standard safety features start in the luxury market before making their way down to the mid-range price points.
So do you have to give up luxury for your next family car? Absolutely not, and we don’t think that you have to give up the sports car ride and feel for one either. The BMW X6 not only makes for a fun ride packed with power and speed but also will keep your family protected if it needs to. The beautiful lines in the X6 demand attention no matter where you end up taking it and the smaller form factor of the car doesn’t mean you give up the power to tow or even haul off that sporting equipment to the next game.
One of the things the X6 does well is pamper the driver as well as the passengers inside by keeping them charged, connected and safe all at the same time. Feel the power-packed inside this dramatic looking coupe the next time you’re shopping for a family car.
What We Loved About the 2020 BMW X6
- The new sporty and rugged design demands attention
- Driver-focused design
- Heads up display that gives you all of the information you need in one spot
- Seats designed after racing seats cradle you as you drive
- That little bit of glitter from the Swarovski Crystal is worth every penny
- Easy to use Navigation systems, and comfort settings that keep your focus on the road
- Still very much a family car, with more power-packed inside
What You Need to Know
- Seating for 5 but more comfortable for 4
- Ability to connect two car seats with LATCH system
- Luxury and comfort are built-in for everyone in the X6
- Average MPG is 21 city / 26 highway
Disclosure: I was invited as a guest of BMW at their BMW Test Fest event. The BMW X6 was provided for this story; all opinions are my own.