Gas or hybrid, buy or lease, choose ownership that suits you best.
Well, Volvo has one: the Volvo S60. Although, I may be a bit biased considering I have been a fan of Volvo since my Aunt pulled up to our house in her brand new 1987 silver Volvo 740. I will never forget the feeling I got when the sun reflected off of that silver beauty. It was magical and I still get goosebumps just thinking about it.
So you can imagine my delight when I found out that I would be heading to Charleston, SC to not only visit the Swedish brands first US-based plant but to also learn to build the Volvo S60. In addition to all of this automotive goodness, we were allotted time to test out the car. Needless to say, when I found out about the test drive I felt like I had died and gone to Volvo heaven!
Feeling and Looking Fab While Seeing the Sights in Charleston
The sporty and elegant mid-size sedan is exceptionally beautiful and the perfect blend of effortless power and superior comfort. Additionally, it is reliable, practical and the innovative technology that it comes equipped with is extremely user-friendly making your time on the road relaxing and very enjoyable.
Now let’s be honest who doesn’t love to look and feel fabulous while cruising down the freeway?!?!?!
Who this Car is for:
- Singles, couples or small families
- Drivers who road trip
- Drivers who may regularly have back seat passengers
- Buyers looking for comfort as well as style
- Buyers who want a luxury sedan
- Drivers who want top safety ratings and features
- Buyers seeking top-notch tech features
Would You Consider Buying Your Next Luxury Car Online?
Before you say no, read what we have to say about Volvo’s cool and hassle-free “Care by Volvo” program. You may change your mind.
The program is an all-inclusive’ two-year lease with a fixed monthly fee that includes the cost of the vehicle, maintenance, road hazard protection and normal wear-and-tear. Talk about saving time and energy.
We all know that the car buying process can be incredibly long and draining and this may be perfect for those who dread the in-person experience. It is a great option for those who are committed to brand loyalty and those that are always on go and know what they want.
What Makes Care by Volvo Unique
- No price negotiation
- One flat monthly rate with no surprises
- Includes premium insurance no matter where you live
- Maintenance and excess wear coverage
- Upgrade to a new Volvo in as little as 12 months
- Subscribe easily online or via the app
- 15,000-mile allowance per year
- Estimated to get 24 MPG city/36 MPG highway/Combined 29 MPG
- NOTE: Must be approved to participate in this program
What We Loved
- The Care by Volvo Option. It makes the purchasing process so easy and fast.
- The striking color and bold exterior
- The comfortable and stylish cabin
- The Bowers and Wilkins Sound System
- The Voice Recognition feature. You never have to remove your hands from the wheel or search for a station. It also adjusts the temperature and many other cool and practical things to make your driving experience easier and SAFER!
View this post on Instagram
"Play music!" The voice recognition feature available in the @volvocarusa S60 is the best. You never have to remove your hands from the wheel or search for a station. It also adjusts the temperature and many other cool and practical things to make your driving experience easier and SAFER! (Press Play) #volvos60 #Volvo #agirlsguide2cars #shedrives #volvocharleston . . Repost @agirlsguide2cars
Additionally, there is a considerable amount of legroom in both the front and back seats. Even with the front seat being slide back legs I have extra legroom and was very comfortable. I am just under 5’7 and as you can see in the picture below I had a lot of room left. I know someone taller will be just as comfortable.
What the S60 Sedan costs:
The 2019 Volvo S60 Sedan comes in 4 trim levels: Momentum, R-Design, Inscription & available in Plug-In Hybrid.
- Momentum Trim – $35,800+
- Momentum Subscription – $750.00 a month
- R-Design Trim – $42,545+
- R-Design Subscription – $850.00 a month
Inscription Trim – $42,900+
- Plug-In Hybrid Only
- R-Design Plug-In Hybrid – $54,045+
- Inscription Plug-In Hybrid – $55,400+
What you need to know about the 2019 Volvo S60 Sedan
The Volvo is more than just luxurious eye-candy. The brand included State-of-the-Art-Safety technology and has implemented an innovative program to make the purchasing process super easy. Keep reading for more details…
- Seats 5 comfortably
- Available in AWD or FWD
- 4-Cylinder, Direct-Injected Turbocharged Engine
- The Volvo S60 comes available in Plug-In Hybrid
- Tax Credit and Milage:
- Federal Tax Credit – Up to $7,500
- EPA estimates 21 miles all electric range, 27 MPG city
- Tax Credit and Milage:
- Voice recognition feature available
- Volvo On Call and Smartphone Integration
- Pilot Assist – Semi-Autonomous Drive System w/Adaptive Cruise Control
- Fuel Economy MPG – Gas: MPG City (Estimated): 24, MPG Highway (Estimated): 36 and MPG Combined (Estimated): 28
- Subscriptions available through Care by Volvo
Volvo made me fall in love with another one of their fabulous and stylish sedans. The 2019 Volvo S60 is innovative, safe, comfortable and very luxurious. It is everything a girl could ask for and more.
Disclosure: The vehicle was provided to me for testing purposes and editorial consideration. All opinions are 100% my own