Tundra vs Tacoma: Read our full comparison post over at: Toyota Tundra Vs Tacoma: Big Daddy or Junior? Which Truck is Right for You?
Who This Truck is For
- Sportswomen who love the outdoors… from camping to kayaking or fishing this little truck is made for getting in and out of tight spaces.
- Small families who don’t need a lot of legroom in the backseat.
- Singles or couples who want a truck, but nothing too big.
- Anyone who loves midsize pickups and is looking for best-in-class capability.
View this post on Instagram
The interior of this 2019 Tacoma TRD Pro is both rugged and refined. Red stitching on black leather seats, wireless charging for your phone, and a great JBL sound system are just some of the amenities it has to offer. Everything is sturdy, easy to clean, and ready for adventure! #2019tacoma #tacomatrdpro #toyotatacoma #trdpro #toyota #offroad #offroadlife #offroading #4x4offroad #4×4 #4x4life #4x4nation #adventure #outdoors #txautowriters
What this Truck Costs
The 2019 Toyota Tacoma starts at $25,850, which isn’t bad for a very capable little truck. But this is the base model, knowns as the SR and doesn’t have the full four-door back seat configuration.
The 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro starts at $42,960 and boasts high-performance Fox shocks, LED foglights, skid plates, and a specially tuned exhaust in addition to the capability, comfort and safety you’ve come to expect from a Toyota truck.
The automatic model I drove started at $45,385 and topped out at $48,480 thanks to some additional equipment including the dessert air intake (snorkel for deep water crossings and dessert racing), spare tire lock, paint protection film, bed mat, deck rail camera mount, and a TRD Pro graphics package for that extra-bad appearance.
What You Need to Know About the Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Unique TRD Pro Equipment
- Black TOYOTA grille, hood scoop, and graphics
- Fox 2.5 internal bypass shocks w/rear remote reservoirs
- Rigid Industries LED fog lamps
- TRD branded front skid plate and rear exhaust
- 16″ TRD black allow tires
- TRD Pro shift knob and floor mats
Mechanical and Performance Package
- 3.5L V6 engine with dual exhaust
- 6-speed automatic transmission
- On-demand 4-wheel drive
- Electronically controlled transfer case
- Locking rear differential
- Crawl control and hill-start assist
- Towing package with trailer sway control
- Pre-collision and pedestrian detection
- Dynamic radar and cruise control
- Lane departure alert
- Automatic high beams
- Rear back up camera and parking sonar
- Blindspot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert
Inside and Outside Features
- 5′ bed with 120v power outlet
- Deck rail system
- Easy lower, lockable, and removable tailgate
- Smart key and push-button start
- Leather-trimmed seats and steering wheel with red stitching
- Dual-zone AC
- JBL sound system with 7″ touch screen with navigation, apps, radio, CD player, USB ports and
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Wireless charging
The Toyota Tacoma is a Winner
Year after year, the Toyota Tacoma takes home awards for being the best mid-size truck. Even though it hasn’t had a big redesign or refresh in a couple of years. The capability of this truck makes it a true off-road-ready vehicle that has developed a loyal fan base. When you add the TRD Pro package, you get a truck fully equipped for extreme adventure.
The 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro was loaned to me by Toyota. All opinions and comparisons are my own.