Everything You Need to Know About the Beast AKA the 2019 Ford F-450 Super Duty Dually Limited
When you need a truck this big, the numbers matter. This isn’t just a get-the-family-around-town people-mover, it’s a part of your lifestyle and livelihood and it has to perform every single time. So, here are the Ford F-450 facts you need to know when considering this truck.
Want More than Just Numbers and Stats? Click Here for Our full 2019 Ford F-450 Review.
F-450 Facts: Who This Truck is For
- Women who trailer large loads on a regular basis. Hotshotters, horsewomen, and RV’ers.
- Families who need a massive truck for the ranch or business, but also need seating for up to five people.
- Not your average weekender.
What the 2019 Ford F-450 Super Duty Costs
The F-450 starts at $47,345 with the XL package. This is the base model for this truck and won’t come with things like leather seats and power everything. It’s still a major workhorse, it’s just not going to be as luxurious as a Platinum or Limited. But hey, you can get a bench seat for the front allowing you to seat 6 in this configuration!
Upgrading to the XLT package brings you to a starting price of $52,255. This configuration also has seating for up to 6, gives you the upgraded 6.7L V8 Turbo Diesel Engine and a heavy-duty 6-speed automatic transmission.
The Lariat version of this truck starts at $63,905 and gives you a leather interior, larger wheels, and Ford’s Sync 3 infotainment system.
Ths famous King Ranch package starts at $72,340. This is the most popular interior package for the F-series trucks. The leather is both luxurious and rustic. The King Ranch also comes standard with the power-folding, telescoping trailering mirrors… a must for a truck this big! The massive center console comes standard with this package, so you’ll seat a max of 5 passengers.
A Platinum package will cost you at least $75,585, but this is where the real luxury starts. We’re talking platinum leather, all the safety technology, LED headlamps, and so much more.
The Limited model we drove totaled $91,470. This, of course, included a bunch of extras like the 4-wheel drive off-road package with skid plates, the locking vault in the console, a premium paint job in Ruby Red Metalic, 5th-wheel hitch prep package, and all-weather floor mats.
What You Need to Know About the 2019 Ford F-450 Super Duty Dually Limited
- Crew Cab – 4 full doors and the largest cab available.
- 176″ wheelbase. This is the longest cab and bed combo available.
- 6.7L Power Stroke V8 Diesel Engine with a 6-speed automatic transmission
- Interior: Camelback Leather
LIMITED EXTERIOR DETAILS
- LED Foglamps, taillights, and quad beam headlamps
- Tie-downs in the bed for cargo
- Power sliding rear window with defrost and privacy tint
- Heated power side mirrors
- Lighted Limited door plates
- Locking spare tire and wheels
- Chrome tow hooks
- Panoramic moonroof
INTERIOR DETAILS ON THE FORD F-450 LIMITED
- 10-Way power, heated and cooled driver and passenger seats
- A 110V/400W power outlet
- Auto up/down power windows
- Adaptive cruise control
- Adjustable pedals with memory settings
- Ambient lighting
- Dual-zone climate controls
- Leather-wrapped heated steering wheel
- Premium cabin air filter
- Adaptive steering
- Premium audio
- Blindspot sensing and cross-traffic alert
- 4G Wifi and hotspot
- Pushbutton start
- Lane-Keep alert
- Manual Locking Hubs
- Mono beam coil spring front suspension with stability car
- 8″ touch screen infotainment system with voice activation
- Trailer tow package with camera system
FORD’S TRUCK WARRANTY
- 3YR/36,000 Bumper to bumper
- 5YR/60,000 Powertrain
- 5YR/60,000 Roadside assist
- 5YR/100,000 Diesel engine
Disclaimer: This 2019 Ford F-450 Super Duty Limited was loaned to me for a week for the purpose of this test drive and experience. All photos and opinions are my own.