Is there any pickup truck more classic than the F-150? We think not.
This truck has been a mainstay for decades and it just keeps getting better. The 2019 Ford F-150 pickup is a great testament to the brand’s commitment to dependability and style and giving the customer what they want. Especially if you’re talking about the F-150 Limited.
The F-150 comes in many flavors from the workman’s XL all the way up to a pretty luxurious Platinum trim level. So why add yet another level of luxury with a Limited edition?
Because a vehicle can never be too comfortable. And, sometimes these extra cherries on top become a driver’s favorite features and end up on some of the other models. Creating a Limited truck means Ford can try some of the ideas their designers, engineers, and customers have come up with and see how the customer likes them.
And we think you will like the F-150 Limited’s extras. A lot.
Who This Truck is For
- Anyone with an outdoor job like landscaping, farming, repair work, or athletic coaching.
- People who like to take the boat (or a couple of horses) out on the weekends.
- Drivers who want that extra bit of luxury in their truck.
- Small families with kids of any age. Yes, even full-grown kids.
- People who don’t need a heavy duty truck.
- People who need a truck, but also want a vehicle that can transition to a comfortable vehicle for road trips or a nice night out…
What This Truck Costs
The 2019 F-150 Limited starts at $67,135. This is quite a jump from the base model’s starting price of $28,155. But these trucks really can’t be compared because they are really completely different trucks.
The model we drove had a couple of optional packages including the 4×4 package, a tow package, all-weather floor mats, a tailgate step, and spray-on bed liner bringing the total to $72,865 before delivery charges.
What You Need to Know About the 2019 Ford F-150 Limited Pickup Truck
Unlike the other F-150 trucks, the 2019 F-150 Limited shares the same 450 horsepower twin-turbo 3.5-liter V-6 engine found in the Ford Raptor. To harness all of that power and it’s extra torque, it is highly recommended that you upgrade to the all-wheel-drive configuration.
Outside of this drivetrain difference, the exterior differences are small, and unless you’re really looking the F-150 Limited looks like any other F-150.
Until you see the inside.
View this post on Instagram
No matter how many times I drive this truck I am floored by the interior. The two-toned leather seats are SO soft and luxurious. And the back row is spacious. I love that the seats fold up flat to make room for all the things. #2019F150Limited #fordtx #fordnation #drivetexas #txautowriters
Limited Edition Luxury. Numbered.
The Limited version of the F-150 is a luxury truck. Sure, it can haul and tow and take a few runs through the mud bog, but it can also take you and your girlfriends out for a fancy dinner, haul the kids and their pals to prom, or be your favorite ride for date night.
While luxury in a pickup truck is nothing new, a couple of things in the F-150 Limited will stand out right away as extra special.
- One of these is the Limited badge on the center console. This laser-etched number plaque is a work of art that shows off your truck’s model year, make number and VIN.
- You’ll also love the redesigned two-tone, ventilated leather seats. Yes, heated and cooled. And as luxurious as a nice living room furniture set. With massagers. What?
- The twin-pannel moon roof comes standard on the Limited and it makes this already huge interior feel even bigger.
- You’ll also find the advanced technology package with things like the 360-degree camera, 8″ touch screen, park assist, premium audio system, push button and remote start, and 4-G wifi hotspot come standard on the F-150 Limited, where it’s an available option on the other models.
Exterior Differences on the F-150 Limited
While these things don’t stand out immediately like the interior differences, we think they all add up to bring an extra level of luxury to the exterior of the truck.
- 22″ wheels come standard
- Body-matching paint on the mirror caps and door handles
- Satin finish on the grille and inserts for an extra shiny appearance
- Remote tailgate lock
- LED headlamps and tailgate light
While this truck is loaded with luxury, it is still very much a TRUCK and you don’t feel an ounce of guilt about using it to haul things. My family put it to work hauling concrete foundation blocks, lumber, and roofing materials to build a chicken house. And later I put plants and landscaping materials in the cab. I loved that I didn’t have to worry about dirt thanks to the rubber floor mats.
Is the 2019 Ford F-150 Limited the Truck for You?
In the past couple of years, truck manufacturers have really stepped up their game, making it harder and harder to choose a pickup truck. In the old days, people were brand loyal and when they were in the market for a new truck, there was no question which truck they’d buy. Now buyers not only have more options within a brand, but they have more brands to choose from, and they’re all good.
What do you think? Are these unique luxury features calling your name? Could you see yourself driving this truck on a daily basis and being spoiled by the massaging seats and extra large moon roof?
Ford loaned me this 2019 F-150 Limited pickup for a week. All opinions are my own.