If your doggie 🐶 likes to ride along, a pet seat cover can save your backseat from looking like it.
A pet car seat cover helps protect your car from damage from pet claws, fur getting into the seats, dander, slobber, pet accidents and lots of dirt from the paws. I purchased a dog car seat cover over a year ago and have been very pleased with it. It definitely is protecting the backseat of my car from all of Annie’s, my Olde English Bulldogge/Boxer mix, who loves going in the car.
Seat cover options fit your car and pet
I found a dog car seat cover that can be used in multiple positions including:
1. Hammock (which we use) – it attaches to the back seats and swings up to attach to the back of the front seats
2. Flat full seat – it attaches to the top of the backseat headrests and lays over the entire top and bottom of the back seat
3. Half option – there is a zipper in the middle which allows you to combine options of hammock style and flat style
What I like best about having dog car seat covers:
- There are access slits so that you can still attach child car seats or pet safety restraints with the cover on
- You can still access LATCH harness points for child car seats as well
- Protects from tears and cuts from dog nails (my Annie put a big rip in my old car’s seat with her nails accidentally)
- If I take her out and she gets muddy or dirty my seats are protected
- The majority of the dog “smell” stays on the removable cover which is easily washed
- Waterproof (wet dog or if dog has an accident)
- Handy storage pockets for dog supplies
- Very adjustable, fits a lot of cars
There are only a few negatives in having dog car seat covers:
• It does not look as pretty as actual seats
• If you have a classic car without headrests this may not work for you
But, What’s It Going To Cost Me?
This is one of the best investments in a pet product I have made and easily pays for itself in protecting the interior to help keep resale value higher when you go to sell or trade-in your car. The versatility of how it can be installed and the ease of use also makes it a great value. The retail price is usually around $35.